• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

Magpul - fill in the blank

Please fill in the blank.

This easiest way to stop the back panel on a MIAD grip from sliding and to stop the bottom piece on a PRS stock from sliding is to:

A) Use glue
    B) __________
    C) Replace with Ergo grip and Luth AR MBA1
    Let's go Brandon!
  • 37L1
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Put a screw into it.

Comment

• fixin
      Warrior
      • Apr 2018

If you are willing to spend money
      Find a gen 1, possibly a gen 2 prs stock, they don't have the pic rail at the bottom of memory serves correct. Check out see if anyone will trade for it. For the grip, same for the stock, except look for a standard MOE. All of the grips from magpul have a similar shape, texture and size. I own 2 of their MOE+ which is their rubberized version. They are fairly comfortable and I no issues with them.
      to procrastinate... tomorrow!!

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
        Chieftain
        • May 2012

i have gen 1 prs it has the rail on the bottom for monopod, i put a bit of blue painters tape on the rail to make it a very tight fit and it stays on, if you dont want the option of using it a set screw would be the nicest i wouldnt glue it

the grip... i would probably glue or just find a one piece grip you like
        Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Lastrites
          Warrior
          • Apr 2017

The older MIAD grips had a roll pin to hold the back panel, you could likely do the same or stake the inside the channel when you settled on the back strap you prefer.

Comment

• Sticks
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2016

Keep losing your backstraps, I have a few listed in the garage sale, along with bottom inserts.

The PRS - lost my rail cover. I noticed it was halfway off after a range session, put it back, next session when I got home, it was gone. Surprised me, for the longest time it was a PITA to slide it off, and that was only to try something.

I like the roll pin idea for both.
            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Lastrites View Post
              The older MIAD grips had a roll pin to hold the back panel, you could likely do the same or stake the inside the channel when you settled on the back strap you prefer.
              Did they get rid of the pin retention on the MIAD?

Looks like they did on the 1.1...
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Looks like we'll probably just go with glue. Its a shame about the grip, the pin works great on my Gen 4 Glocks. Haven't lost anything yet, but having the backstrap slide up and down isn't very helpful for a guy who's been focusing on relaxing his grip. Always seems to move during a little maneuver I do during checkdown - and then when I see its moved, I check the stock to see that the slider has moved. Unfortunately, these are Stealth Grey to match my Aero Stealth Grey kit (even though they don't really match!). It is a Gen 2 PRS. I'm never going to use a monopod with it since I have an Accushot in the spare parts bin waiting for me to find the motivation to have Sticks-eqsue garage sale.

Magpul is pretty much in my doghouse. I recently got a Magpul M-Lok rail attachment. Whenever I need one, i've usually just bought whatever brand a retailer has when I've bought other stuff. Unfortunately, the Magpul section is much narrower than all my others. If I set the quick release on my Atlas to perfectly lock down on the Magpul, I can't even get the quick release to go 90 degrees on my other 5 or so rail sections.
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Tex Nomex
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2017

Maybe rubber cement, something else thick and tacky, but not permanent on the back strap. I like Stark and Hogue grips.
                  "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
                  -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                    Chieftain
                    • Oct 2016

100% clear Silicone, and cure time. Removable when absolutely necessary, but not before. Solid as a rock otherwise. When you want to get it off, place lower in oven at 250 for 10-20 mins, wearing rubber gloves, take out and slip off. Tape and 'zacto off the areas you don't want excess, or just wait till it's cured and rub it down.

Edit: Rubber gloves are a bad idea. Wear leather.
                    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2016

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                      100% clear Silicone, and cure time. Removable when absolutely necessary, but not before. Solid as a rock otherwise. When you want to get it off, place lower in oven at 250 for 10-20 mins, wearing rubber gloves, take out and slip off. Tape and 'zacto off the areas you don't want excess, or just wait till it's cured and rub it down.

Edit: Rubber gloves are a bad idea. Wear leather.
                      Brilliant! And I have plenty of it at the shop (although one would expect firearm parts to not fall apart, one should never expect a bus on a cutaway chassis to not fall apart).
                      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
                      X