• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

lyman bore cam worth it?

I have no idea where to put this so hopefully this doesn't bug anyone..

Ive been wanting a borescope for many years and wont be able to afford a gradient lense Hawkeye for some years to come. So im wondering if anyone who actually has experience with the lyman can tell if they think its worth it. Im thinking this tech must be on the verge of significant advancement and reductions in price. If the price is right though ill definitely jump and upgrade a year later if theress a breakthrough.

Thanks in advance.
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

A member on another forum has one and the pictures are pretty good. I have one in my shopping cart, just waiting for my account to gain some more weight.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Bearcatrp
      Warrior
      • Apr 2018

I have one. Works good. But heed the warning you see posted on gun forums. If your rifle shoots good, don’t look inside the barrel. You will be scratching your head wondering why the barrel looks like crap from tool marks and such. I made that mistake. I now know why folks talk about fouling your barrel before zeroing it. Because it fills the imperfections inside the barrel. Production barrels aren’t meant to look like expensive custom precision barrels. After looking at my savage 10T 308 and seeing how bad it looks, decided not to look into my savage 338LM barrel or other rifles. Just shoot end enjoy.

Comment

• 204 AR
        Warrior
        • Sep 2015

I have one and like it. I did have the first one go bad, the light quit. It was about 11 months and they sent me a new one, so hopefully that was a fluke. It's not a great picture, but it will let you know what's going on. I like it for seeing cleaning results, when a carbon ring is forming, etc. I got to see before and after pics of Tubb fire lapping kit on a 30 rem ar, it definitely smoothed it out and while it didn't make it perfect it shoots better and doesn't copper foul now like it did. That bore had a pretty bad spot in it.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Thanks for the feedback. Bear is probably right here, and im kinda paranoid about what i put in my barrels. I typically use the pull through cables (not bore snakes) even though they are kind of a pain i feel lime this is the least damaging.

Comment

Working...
          X