How long have you waited for a custom barrel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank45
    Warrior
    • Mar 2016

I am very happy to wait for premium products. I know that waiting is part of the game and that quoted lead times are fluid in the precision/custom firearms game. I love my first barrel from Mark. The wait was longer than quoted but the product is phenomenal. My new build I'm calling the 6.5 Patience. Barrel and parts ordered back in October with a 16 week lead time and over a $2k price tag. Starting in April I've gotten three emails saying it will ship the next week. Now emails aren't being returned. I am seriously not bagging on PF as their products I have are the absolute best. I just hope all is well with them and as long as Mark is still the guy doing the work on my barrel I'm sure it will be a shooter. I am pretty heavily invested (for me) in the custom 1911 game. I quickly learned that there are many talented people who can produce very fine work. The ones that communicate with me when they have a hiccup or delay will continue to get my hard earned money.

Comment

• hdrolling
      Bloodstained
      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Frank45 View Post
      Starting in April I've gotten three emails saying it will ship the next week. Now emails aren't being returned. I am seriously not bagging on PF as their products I have are the absolute best. I just hope all is well with them and as long as Mark is still the guy doing the work on my barrel I'm sure it will be a shooter.
      Strange, They always answered the phone and my emails when I inquired about the status of my barrel. PF even has their own closed Facebook page called "The Art of the AR", maybe join that and send a PM?

PS, My new PF barrel arrives tomorrow! 7 months and one day, excited to be putting my Grendel back together.
      Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Comment

• Frank45
        Warrior
        • Mar 2016

Thanks for the tip. I'm not on the facepage but I will give them a call tomorrow. I try not to call as he's said that calls take him away from working and he prefers email. I know as I have gotten an email from him around 2 in the morning his time. Probably worth a call at this point. As said above though I understand good work takes time. I have read here that what we are paying for is a greater chance that the gun or barrel is a shooter. Even the best have some lemons, and there have been some cheapo tack drivers. The good companies will make it right if you have an issue though and communicate well.

Comment

• ricsmall
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Probably not worth a call at this point. Mark is a normal guy with a family and a business at the same time. Your barrel will be done when it’s done. Not a second sooner or later. Wait times given are very approximate and depend on more factors than mark can control or you can imagine. When you wonder about your barrel, imagine working your day job then going home to work another 8-10 hours on barrels. That’s the state of the gun industry. I know because I have several barrels of my own in my shop that I can’t get done yet. Custom barrels are well worth the money and the wait.
          Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Tipsymutt
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2016

amazing to have to spend more then $500 just on a barrel when savage and ruger are making sub MOA whole bolt rifles for under $300. many butchers jumped into the AR game
            The difference I've seen is that most high end AR bbls can be consistant all day long... most cheap bolt gun groups open up quick as the bbl heats up.

Comment

• hdrolling
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2017

Just in time to go shooting tomorrow!

PF by hd_rolling, on Flickr
              PF2 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
              PF4 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
              Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

THAT is sexy, sir. Keep those in the 10 ring, as they say.
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2011

Hey Guys: I rarely get a chance to get on this forum, but I on right now, (yeah obviously). If you are waiting on a barrel over 4 months - Email me ASAP! I find it hard to communicate status to people because I can't remember who I talked to and who I didnt. I dont know your real names from your avatars here so I cant look them up. Shipping times are estimates and we did have a major lathe problem in late Feb to end of March that delayed all orders by 4 to 6 weeks. If anyone is unhappy with "subpar" work, I invite them to let me know what the issues are and we will do our best to make it right.
                  "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• biodsl
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by hdrolling View Post
                    Just in time to go shooting tomorrow!
                    Congratulations! I hope it's a laser for you. Let us know.
                    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• fixin
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2018

I waited 4 months for my BSF
                      to procrastinate... tomorrow!!

Comment

Working...
                      X