• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by UncleSam View Post
    So I've been trying to figure this out and I haven't seen the plain answer that I have been looking for (I am possibly blind though too). Do I need specific grendel mags for my AR or can I run them out of 5.56 mags? It sounds like there are regular feeding issues with most of the poly mags but metal mags feed well usually? Everyone local that I've talked to knows almost nothing about grendel so I'm left high and dry.
    You definitely want them thats for sure. Anything else is a crap shoot at best. Theres no plastic mags because the grendel is so fat they cant get the mag wall thickness thin enough and still have it be structurally sounds. With the metal mags they can. From everything i hear e landers and asc/ar stoner are the top two. I have one of those ross zheng engineering first gen mags to try out thats the only multi cal mag i know of for 6.8 and 6.5 it also can load .223, 5.45, 7.62x39, .458 and probably others im forgetting.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
      If you try the magpul understand that more then likely you will have to modify them and even then you won't get more then 5 to reliably feed out of a 10 rounder.
      well maybe you should load 4 .223's then and 6 grendels (insert black eye gap toothed smiling emoticon) just a thought...
      You arent worried at all about accidentally chambering a .233 and setting it off? That would worry me. Not that it would do anything.. But it might.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
        well maybe you should load 4 .223's then and 6 grendels (insert black eye gap toothed smiling emoticon) just a thought...
        You arent worried at all about accidentally chambering a .233 and setting it off? That would worry me. Not that it would do anything.. But it might.
        No not at all because there is no 223/556 chambered weapons in my home and no ammo in that caliber either, I got rid of them when I built my second 18 inch grendel.

Why would I want a 223/556 when I have the best ar15 caliber ever in 6.5 grendel.

I did keep a few of my pmags for testing.

That's how I got the gen 3 pmags to hold 5 grendel in a 10 round pmag.
        Last edited by A5BLASTER; 07-07-2018, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X