• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

AGB's better for 12" or 20"?

What do you guys and gals think?
    Im finally finishing my grendel uppers and so far i have two SLR adj. Clamp on gas blocks, i plan on upgrading them all eventually. But for now i got two adj. And four simple set screw non adjustables.

Im building 2 12" pistols and 4 20" rifles.
    So i think i know what ya all are going to say (if memory serves) pistol... Right?

Ill probably be running a standard carbine buffer, Standard m16 BCG's all pretty straight forward they are all fairly close clones.
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Right!

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

I've never needed adjustable gas on RLGS/20".

I currently don't have it on the 12" pistol CLGS, but have an adjustable carrier if I need it for when I suppress.

I've never used adjustable gas on 18" MLGS unsuppressed, but that's probably the main configuration that would benefit from it best.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

Ok thanks guys. I actually did find a thread or two once i used google search. I'll put them on the pistols, i guess if nothing else it will help keep the inside rec. a little cleaner.
        Truth be told and this IS a little ridiculous i think about half the reason i want AGB is because i favor the clamp on style SOO much more than set screws. From functionality to serviceability. That and i really dont want to dimple my barrels, I'd like to keep them as uniform as possible.
        Anyone know if i could use lead shotgun BBs, nylon or brass slugs maybe even some .010" shim stock under the set screws and then loktite them and torque them to the higher end?

Good to hear the pistols with CLGS and 20" with RLGS both work unregulated. Hopefully im as lucky. Just out of curiosity what size are your ports? All of mine are faxons from the GB.

Comment

Working...
        X