• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Magpul cheek riser?

Ok gents need some intel.

I been useing the now fixed rifle and carbine stocks for awhile now and I can get a good cheek position on both lengths of stocks I still feel i could use a small cheek riser on each stock to make it quicker to get to my preferred cheek postion.

Been looking at the magpul cheek risers for the Moe stocks.

I use side charging uppers so no charging handle to worrie about contacting the cheek riser.

Magpul says they fit the Moe line of stocks but can't really seem to find any hard data of some useing it on a fixed stock.

Any members here ever used on and got any first hand knowledge to share?
  • TomSawyerNW
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Haven't used a cheek riser stock but that's in my plans for an upcoming build.

Coincidentally, I plan to build with a side charger. Mind if I ask the brand you are using, or would recommend? I checked into a couple side chargers used by others but they were "out of stock".
    If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by TomSawyerNW View Post
      Haven't used a cheek riser stock but that's in my plans for an upcoming build.

Coincidentally, I plan to build with a side charger. Mind if I ask the brand you are using, or would recommend? I checked into a couple side chargers used by others but they were "out of stock".
      I'm useing the joebobs side charging non reciprocating upper.

I would say they are good to go.

Mine needed a lil break in, so I installed it lubed it down wet wet and hand cycled the action bout 500 times over the period of a week, smoothed it out nicely and didn't cause any functioning problems when I went to test it out the first time and set the gas block for min gas.

It's thicker then mil spec uppers so a clamshell won't fit it but I use the bev block with my gear when they need to get in the vice for work or cleaning works great.

My first one the face was perfect didn't need lapping but my second one I had to lapp the face of the receiver.

Hope this helps sir.

Think I'm going to order the 1/4 inch cheek riser and see how it feels.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

A5,
        I have the 1/4" one on my MDT chassis for my 243 ruger predator. I got the chassis and like it, but my sight picture was just a bit too low. The magpul riser (I have the CTR stock) puts me right in line, so working great. The snap-in seems tight. I'm happy with it. Got the riser off of Amazon. Might be some other, "non-Bezos" vendors that have it also.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
          A5,
          I have the 1/4" one on my MDT chassis for my 243 ruger predator. I got the chassis and like it, but my sight picture was just a bit too low. The magpul riser (I have the CTR stock) puts me right in line, so working great. The snap-in seems tight. I'm happy with it. Got the riser off of Amazon. Might be some other, "non-Bezos" vendors that have it also.
          Thanks for the feed back grayfox.

I will be putting this on a moe fixed rifle stock and the fixed carbine stock made by magpul.

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

Thanks much, A5BLASTER! I appreciate also your comments on the break-in.

I'll check into the joebobs side charger.
            If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by TomSawyerNW View Post
              Thanks much, A5BLASTER! I appreciate also your comments on the break-in.

I'll check into the joebobs side charger.
              Hey no problem sir.

As a side note the joebobs upper is made for them by Gibbz arms, it is made a lil different but they are the same and Gibbz's aftermarket parts will fit the joebobs upper.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

I bought a LaRue RISR reciprocating cheek piece for my CTR fixed carbine stock. It’ll work for either the fixed or adjustable carbine stock. It works well, and if you don’t have a side charger it’s a great way to go. I’m currently just cutting 3.7” pieces of closed cell foam and gluing it down, but it won’t work on a standard upper. The foam interferes with the CH.
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                X