Another MBT-2S installed.... Best $94 spent for sure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

They’re adding both stages together. Mine have more like 1.5ld uptake, 2.1lb break. So about 4lbs total pull.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• mdewitt71
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
      The Larue website says a 4.5lb pull. What gives? All of your triggers are pulling at under 3 pounds?
      These last two trigger I bought..... Yes, both under 3LBS combined pull.
      I do not think the builds I did last year were that low, cannot remember though.
      I am sure I will order a couple more before Christmas.
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• SDW
        Warrior
        • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
        They’re adding both stages together. Mine have more like 1.5ld uptake, 2.1lb break. So about 4lbs total pull.
        Yup. That's pretty much the only way to look at it.

I ordered one myself last week, waiting patiently for it to be made mailed. And I have a Lyman scale like yours. I'll be testing mine as well once it's installed.

Your trigger came with two springs, right? One heavy, one "standard"? I'd test both. Per the product description:

"Each trigger comes with an additional "heavy" trigger spring that increases the pull weight to 6 lbs."

If I decided that 3# is too light (it would be for many situations and setups) then I would try the heavier spring. Might not turn out to be as high as 6# in the real world, but 4.5-5 would be good for general purpose.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

They all did include the heavy spring. I've never thought it needed it. It's pretty easy to tell where the 1st stage stops.
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• 65Whelen
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

And, for everyone who has bought a trigger, up until Christmas they are having a weekly drawing for their Ultimate Upper. I just won one.

SWEET!

Comment

• mdewitt71
              Warrior
              • Dec 2016

Are you automatically in the drawing when you buy?
              Didn't know about that... made two orders so far.... need to make another one haha.
              ― George Orwell

Comment

• meatsweats
                Warrior
                • Aug 2018

Ordered mine today. Talked to customer service, sounds like they could be ready to ship in 2 weeks.
                MS

Comment

• 65Whelen
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
                  Are you automatically in the drawing when you buy?
                  Didn't know about that... made two orders so far.... need to make another one haha.
                  That's my understanding, buy a trigger your in that weeks drawing.
                  Last edited by 65Whelen; 08-10-2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• SDW
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                    They all did include the heavy spring. I've never thought it needed it. It's pretty easy to tell where the 1st stage stops.
                    I'm curious to see what all the (positive) fuss is about with these Larue triggers. I have a Geissele SSA-E on one lower. In fact it's the lower I intend to use mostly with my 6.5. It's a nice crisp trigger. Too light of a pull though for general use in my option. For example It's not the kind of gun I'd had off to a friend without first schooling them on the lightness of the trigger. This is assuming they mostly use standard AR triggers.

I was mainly thinking of biodsl's comment, which sounded a little concerned about the lighter than advertised pull weight. I was hinting that it might not have to be that light if you don't want it too.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

One advantage of the LaRue MBT 2S is the package include two hammer springs, light and heavy. I can see the advantage of the heavier hammer spring if the rifle is going to used for defense or novice shooters. Unintentional discharge are to be avoided and in certain situations the heavier trigger might be warranted.

Comment

• 41bear
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2017

Ordered on 07/19
                        Received shipping notice on 08/09
                        UPS expected delivery 08/15

Longer than most are reporting but if it's as good as advertised then I'm a happy guy.
                        "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

• mdewitt71
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by SDW View Post
                          I'm curious to see what all the (positive) fuss is about with these Larue triggers. I have a Geissele SSA-E on one lower. In fact it's the lower I intend to use mostly with my 6.5. It's a nice crisp trigger. Too light of a pull though for general use in my option. For example It's not the kind of gun I'd had off to a friend without first schooling them on the lightness of the trigger. This is assuming they mostly use standard AR triggers.

I was mainly thinking of biodsl's comment, which sounded a little concerned about the lighter than advertised pull weight. I was hinting that it might not have to be that light if you don't want it too.
                          Geissele makes very nice triggers I have a couple of them along with a JP, CMC, and Timney......
                          But, they are all twice the price or more.
                          There is not a $94 (shipped) trigger that equates to the MBT 2S that I have came across....yet.
                          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Randy99CL
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Randy99CL View Post
                            Ordered 7-21
                            Card charged 7-24
                            Still on backorder 8-3
                            Shipped today, 8/10. One trigger and two magazines.
                            "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• SDW
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                              One advantage of the LaRue MBT 2S is the package include two hammer springs, light and heavy. I can see the advantage of the heavier hammer spring if the rifle is going to used for defense or novice shooters. Unintentional discharge are to be avoided and in certain situations the heavier trigger might be warranted.
                              Not that it probably matters too much, but it's actually a heavier trigger spring that they give you. Not the hammer spring. But anyway, that was definitely where I was going. Better to have a heavier trigger for some jobs. 3# is a bit light for the guys and gals that have jump in an out of helicopters as part of their work duties, for example.

Comment

• SDW
                                Warrior
                                • Jul 2018

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
                                Geissele makes very nice triggers I have a couple of them along with a JP, CMC, and Timney......
                                But, they are all twice the price or more.
                                There is not a $94 (shipped) trigger that equates to the MBT 2S that I have came across....yet.
                                Oh I agree. I hope anyone didn't think I was saying "Just buy a Geissele, they're awesome." I only brought it up as an example of a trigger that's nice for precision but too light for a lot other kinds of situations. IMO. So that heavier trigger spring might be useful.

And as I said somewhere above, I ordered one last week to replace a Geissele trigger I've not been thrilled with, in another lower. My order's probably still a few weeks way from shipping, but I don't mind. It just follows the old rule of "Price. Delivery. Quality. Pick any two."

Comment

Working...
                                X