Short Barrel Grendels...... 7.5 to 12.5 - Lets see em and talk about em.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdewitt71
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Short Barrel Grendels...... 7.5 to 12.5 - Lets see em and talk about em.

Got me a 12" coming my way hopefully Monday.......

Interested in seeing and hearing about other Short barrel setups (Rifles or Pistols).
    ― George Orwell
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

I bought one of these from a member here a few months ago.
    I haven't shot it yet but when I do I will post, warts and all.

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

There are a bunch of these threads already. Use the search or look in the build it yourself or nfa section. Their are allot of them.

Comment

• Thegrass13
        Bloodstained
        • Jul 2018

Building a 12.5'' grendel currently. From what I've researched online a 12.5'' stays supersonic out at past 800 yds with a 123gr bullet. I hunt a lot of thick brush and and swamp so something shorter and lighter is always a plus in my kit. Thinking of topping it off with a trijicon 1-4. Let me know if you have any questions/thoughts!

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

Sounds logical. I think the 1-4 is about perfect for a little brush hunter Grendel shorty. I put a gen 1 PST 1-4 tmcq on mine for a time, and was absolutely happy. A true 1x makes an illuminated reticle pretty much a RDS, making it a good PDW with the right setup too.

Check out the 129 Nosler ABLR. That is SS past a thousand and makes expansion threshold about 300, maybe a little more, nice to carry as an ace in the hole. They shoot well enough for me. You get a touch more poke too.
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• mdewitt71
            Warrior
            • Dec 2016

Yea, I am thinking 1-4 or 1-6x possible a 1-6 ACSS scope myself on my 12".
            I got the shipping notice so hopefully is will be here in a few days.
            It has a standard bird cage on the muzzle now, will try that out and maybe change it out for a better comp later.
            ― George Orwell

Comment

• Thegrass13
              Bloodstained
              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
              Sounds logical. I think the 1-4 is about perfect for a little brush hunter Grendel shorty. I put a gen 1 PST 1-4 tmcq on mine for a time, and was absolutely happy. A true 1x makes an illuminated reticle pretty much a RDS, making it a good PDW with the right setup too.

Check out the 129 Nosler ABLR. That is SS past a thousand and makes expansion threshold about 300, maybe a little more, nice to carry as an ace in the hole. They shoot well enough for me. You get a touch more poke too.
              My accupower 1-4 came in the mail today and man I am impressed so far. Haven't got to shoot it yet but glass is crystal clear and the unit is quite sturdy. I feel 1-4 is going to feel this hunting niche just fine.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                Warrior
                • Apr 2011

I have a bunch of 7.5 to 14.5 Barrels chambered and ready to thread whatever the end user wants us to thread to. Bartlien, Lilja, Krieger, and Criterion blanks. Good Prices for what they are!
                "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• Bruizer
                  Unwashed
                  • Mar 2017

Put together a grendel upper with a BA 12.5 and took it out today for the first time,
                  It shot my pet load of 123gr SST over 27.5gr of AR-Comp quite well, velocity was 2284 average for the 6 shots I had the magnetospeed on.

I ran mine suppressed and had no issues with my handloads or the hornady AG ammo

Comment

• mdewitt71
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2016

forgot about this thread.... haha and I am the OP.
                    Here is mine so far-
                    ― George Orwell

Comment

• Bigs28
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2016

Very nice looking guns and groups

Comment

• Thegrass13
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
                        Put together a grendel upper with a BA 12.5 and took it out today for the first time,
                        It shot my pet load of 123gr SST over 27.5gr of AR-Comp quite well, velocity was 2284 average for the 6 shots I had the magnetospeed on.

I ran mine suppressed and had no issues with my handloads or the hornady AG ammo
                        Nice group man! I'm running the same barrel in mine but haven't had a chance to hit the range just yet. ( 2 jobs keepin me busy). But this gives me hope for my build. Nice!

Comment

• dammitman
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2012

I am trying to find a need for a short barrel Grendel. really I am. I just cant find it.

Comment

• Bigs28
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2016

I can't find a reason not to have one.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
                              I am trying to find a need for a short barrel Grendel.
                              That's like trying to find a "need" for a set of golf clubs or a sports car.

How about just for fun?
                              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                              X