• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m796rider
    Warrior
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by fastpat View Post
    The 6.8SPC magazines don't work, the feed lips are the wrong shape. The only magazines that work in the 6.5 Grendel are those made for it.
    I have 20+ C-Products 6.8SPC 25 round mags that work just fine in both my Grendels... Admittedly, some of them have ISMI springs that replaced weak factory springs. No issues with the feed lips, followers, etc.

Comment

I dare say that no one will buy 6.8S magazines to use in a 6.5G rifle, since they cost the same or more, so unless you have both calibers and already have at least 20 magazines (ten for each rifle) and can test this, I'd advise folks to stay with magazines designed for the 6.5G cartridge.

Comment

• pinzgauer
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Opus Dei View Post
        That few; huh. I would've figured maybe half-capacity.
        I did a good bit of testing with Magpul 30 rd's and Grendel. For me they have been very reliable loaded 5-6, get hard to insert in the mag well up to 10, and get unreliable in the 10-15 round range. That's due to the thickness of the magpul walls. I have not tested, but my suspicion is that an alloy or steel mag would allow a bit more rounds, but you are really going the long way around to avoid Grendel mags.

Not recommending magpul as an alternative, just confirm the reliability (and not). It's all about the case taper and the fact that the magpul & 5.56 mags do not allow a proper double stack mag. I've posted diagrams on this in the past.

Between my brother and I we have 15-20 cprod 25 round (30 rnd format) grendel mags, and 3 17rd bought over a 2-3 year period. Just never had an issue. All have been reliable. About my biggest complaint is that a few were snug in billet receivers, about the same as a magpul is.

Hopefully ASC/Cprod will pick back up. If not, someone else will I suspect.

6.8 Barret mags are pretty, but if that was what it took to shoot grendel I'd not be fooling with it.

Comment

US Palm and Tango Down debuted two new 7.62x39 quad stack magazines at SHOT. If you kept the existing wall thickness of a polymer mag and then opened up the stack outside the magwell to accommodate the Grendel case, you could have a nice 30rd or even 45rd mag that is as tall as a 30rd 5.56 mag.

Things are getting interesting. Unfortunatley, Surefire 60rd 5.56 mags have proven to be unreliable as I suspected they would be. Tango Down and US Palm claim that these are actually reliable, but we'll see as we go forward.

They also had a quick barrel change AK with an interrupted thread system and a detent.

Last edited by Guest; 01-23-2012, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know of a source for 6.5 G followers?

Comment

Originally posted by taggor View Post
              Does anyone know of a source for 6.5 G followers?
              Unfortunately, I don't know of a source. Back in the day, C Prod had them listed on their site, and 44mag had some for a while, but I believe those are long gone. No one seems to list the polymer, blue followers with the 6.5 Grendel designation.

Has anyone tried the stainless CMMG follower in a 6.5 mag?

Comment

Someone from AA had posted on AR15.com that @ the 2012 SS that there were going to be two new suppliers for Grendel magazines. Does anyone have any more information to share about this?

Comment

Working...
                X