X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Popeye212
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2018

I would buy the Larue MBT for $87 and pick up couple of mags while your at it. That barrel and bcg is exactly what I am running now and works perfectly ejects at 3:00 and doesn't bang up the brass.

Comment

• towerofpower93
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Londerko View Post
      $1100 seems like a pretty good deal considering it’s a complete gun made with good components and it comes with that MTac scope.
      I haven’t shot mine as much as I would like, I haven’t even had a chance to shoot it with handloads yet (busy summer and new baby) but my 18” BA barrel and TC BCG combo has shot multiple, repeatable, 5 shot, magazine fed groups under 1” with Hornady American Gunnner and Black. No doubt in my mind it’ll be 3/4” or under with handloads.
      It has also ran 100% reliable with Elander mags.
      Hope that helps
      -Leo
      Thanks for the first hand experience.

Seems like all I’d do with this build is swap out the gas block with an adjustable one, trigger with a Geissele, and the brake with an AAC51T MB as I’d likely run it suppressed the majority of the time for DMR matches and a local long range match that goes out to 1100yds.

I’d be going for the rifle sans scope and using a few no longer used scopes of my own as trade fodder.

I’d put a PST Gen 2 3-15 FFP/MRAD in a Larue or similar cantilever mount and a set of 45deg irons or a 45deg micro RDS for hoser 2G/3G matches.

Comment

• Popeye212
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by towerofpower93 View Post
        Thanks for the info.

What bullet was on top of that 8208?
        Sierra Match King 120gr. Recommended by some guys at the range they seem to be getter better results with the 120 over 123.

Comment

• 1Shot
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

The 120 Sierra Pro Hunter really shoots good in both of my Grendel ARs. 20" BCA barrel 3/4" and 18" Oden Works under 1/2" 5 shots if I do my part at 100 yards. My load which is a max in both rifles is Hornady Case, CCI 450 or BR-4, BR-4 shoots a little better in the BCA, 28.5 grs IMR 8208, COAL 2.250 and I use a medium Lee Factory Crimp (fingers in die half way close.) Now if we an get Sierra to make some and get them on the market. Everybody has been out of stock for almost a year. 120 Speer Gold Dot also is an accurate bullet with 28.0 grs IMR 8208 for me. You need to find the COAL that works best in your rifle because 10 thousands one way or the other makes a lot of difference with this bullet.

Comment

• Popeye212
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2018

Just posted this mornings results first shot on last group was a WTH happened. Last four went .292in. .279 MOA pic posted in another thread. Should answer the BA sub MOA question. SMK 120gr. 28.0 gr 8208xbr Fed GM205M primer. 2.250 OAL shoulder bump .02 Starline brass. Ran out SMK 120's as soon as I get more I will go up with it to around 28.5 and see how she likes it. Looking for the Pro Hunter and trying ELD M next.
            Last edited by Popeye212; 08-29-2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X