• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swampfox
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

CH for 22

My 22 build is done. I just need to decide what CH to get. I was thinking of a Raptor LT n fill it in to prevent any jams. What is you opinions?
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I’ve got four dedicated 22 LR AR-15’s and use standard AR-15 charging handles. I have two using CMMG barrels and bolts. I have a KKF upper which has a CMMG bolt and a Gen 1 DPMS bull barrel. The only time I’ve had issues with spent brass getting stuck in the charging handle was with a Ciener bolt. I say try your charging handle of choice and see if it works unmodified. If you encounter malfunctions then you can modify the CH.

Comment

• Swampfox
      Warrior
      • Sep 2018

Thank you Vascar. Anyone had any issues with brass getting jammed in a normal CH?

Comment

• Swampfox
        Warrior
        • Sep 2018

E7D376FA-C528-43F5-8BFF-4326F3944F14.jpegWell I ordered the charging handle here is a picture of the 22 build

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Looks good but be careful as the rimfire AR-15’s have a tendency to multiply just like 6.5 Grendels.

Comment

• towerofpower93
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2016

I use a CMMG .22lr CH and have never had an issue with brass getting lodged in the upper, even during FA fire.

A buddy has had multiple issues of .22lr brass getting caught in his standard CH, and continued to do so after filling it in with epoxy. These stoppages were a real PITA, requiring the upper to be opened and the CH and BCG removed to get the offending case removed. No way you were getting that little bugger out via the ejection port.

In my opinion, the $20 for the CMMG unit, or any of those made which do the same thing, was worth it for the peace of mind and ability to keep shooting vice clearing stuck case after stuck case.

Comment

Working...
            X