• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FANGGHOSTWOLF
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2019

(Cheaped out) BCA 20"

After all the reading and vids I have rolled the dice?
    Cheaped out and ordered the 20" 4150 Nitrade heavy fluted barreled complete upper from BCA.
    Yes I was fully informed here and else where of the chances of a shooter. Hey if I can get 400 yards out of it I'll be happy. Surely even if it does not meet my expectations I can salvage some of the money in usable parts for another build.
    I totally agree a self build is the way to go! I'll deal with the changes of return and replace with an open mind.
    Dang sure got my feet wet now. Be it good or just dog poop? At least I cut the chase of another builder to deal with on the BCA BARREL ⁉️�� For $219 it's deal or a dumbass move. ��
    Last edited by FANGGHOSTWOLF; 01-07-2019, 10:06 PM.
  • papasplace
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2018

I wish you well.
    I have been trying to resolve an issue on my Christmas present.. the M-lok handguard is out of spec and can not get any M-Lok attachments to fit in the way undersized slots.
    I wrote to the warranty dept on 12-27 and tried calling more then a dozen times(no one answers and voice mail box is always full). I have yet to receive any kind of answer.
    Hopefully everything else about the upper is going to work and That worst case i just need to get a new handguard.

Comment

• opticsguy
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2019

I shot a 3/4" group with a 24" nitride last week. Good luck.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by opticsguy View Post
        I shot a 3/4" group with a 24" nitride last week. Good luck.
        At what yardage?

Comment

• FANGGHOSTWOLF
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2019

Well thanks all. I just rolled the dice. I had no problems contacting them by phone and spoke with the tech department.
          They build the handguards in house so they claim. QC and standards are claimed to have been revisited and worked over. I expected that as a comment for the company name sake. I'll except that and test the waters. There are just too many builders using their barrels still to today and we have no clue who might be using their blank barrels? I've contacted several other vendors that either do in house barrels with no mention of the blank brand? Then there are those that will not let out of the bag the barrels? BCA among many teir 1 barrels. Cheap for a reason.
          I can deal with the out of spec handguard myself. Easy fix there but I agree it should be a std mlok fit across the board. And yes that handguard issue does red flag the complete gun as far as QC.
          HEY IF it turns out for the worse I'll have to deal with it. But I will note in many top brand items I have had issues that we're strange that a good QC should have caught. I'm not saying app my years of Welding inspecting QC that I could have missed some out of spec
          Welds or material.
          With the greatest cnc machines the mas producing of parts in spec should be at a min. That is if the setup is correct?
          A QC can not inspect every item made.
          I'll see soon what I bought. I'll gladly share my experience be it good or bad and I can't complain if it goes south.

Comment

• bugsbunny45
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2019

Where did you find one? Every place I look seems to be sold out.

Comment

• FANGGHOSTWOLF
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2019

Direct with BCA. I figured I just see what they had to say about the issues and instock inventory. After the holidays I know vendors deplete their stock. Lowering the inventory always was good on taxes. With many people taking off for holidays some companies run Skelton crews and a production suffers.

Comment

• DeputyDog25
                Unwashed
                • Jan 2019

I found mine at Primary Arms last week.

Comment

• bugsbunny45
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2019

They been showing sold out all day. Seems like others that sell their 20 inch are sold out also.

Comment

• FANGGHOSTWOLF
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2019

In stock

Comment

• Wanderson
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2018

I did the same, I liked my 12” PSA nitride 6.5 Grendel upper so much I wanted another 20” upper but PSA was out of stock, and BCA’s 20” stainless upper was available for $230 so I gambled. Fit n function is fine but haven’t had it out to 100 yards yet. But first trip out to dial in my optics with Hornady Black was encouraging.

No problem mounting an Mlok rail on my hand guard. Mated upper on an A2 lower with a 7 oz. rifle buffer that I’ve been using for a 7.62x39 16” upper. A very soft recoiling setup.

Comment

• opticsguy
                        Unwashed
                        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                        At what yardage?
                        100 yds of course.
                        The guy next to me with a bolt action .308 could barely do 2.5"

Comment

• bugsbunny45
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2019

I pulled the trigger and ordered mines. We will see how it works out its going on an Anderson lower from Primary Arms..

Comment

• Mark611
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2017

Myself and my brother are also looking at the BCA uppers, I found a 24'' CMV Nitride side charger from Pro 2A, I think that this is the 1 I'm going to give a spin, any a pinions on these?
                            Last edited by Mark611; 01-08-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• cwlongshot
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2018

I ordered a 20" Stainless fluted HB Grendel last June.

It arrived with a short Chamber, Primary arms earned a customer for life! AWESOME service on my BCA barrel! New one was sent and this one is fine and shoots MOA or a bit better and all I "NEED" from this upper.

Shoots 123SST on top of Benchmark like this at 100:

This @ 200

For 69$ Im happy with it.

CW

Comment

Working...
                              X