X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yissnakk
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2019

I've got two PSA uppers, one AR15 and one AR10, and had no trouble with either. Both are quite accurate, especially with hand loads.

Comment

• ErikS
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      I've found the Grendel to be boring to shoot out to 500yds with, even the 12". You can dump a mag at that distance and get 100% hits in most conditions.

He's using a PA scope with the 556 ACSS reticle.

I use a 1-4x GRSC on my 12" and get 9/10 hits at 800yds using the magazine as a monopod, and have been doing it cold turkey on my last 2 trips down to North Springs. Pull blaster from soft case, insert mag, get into position, and immediately engage the 800yd buffalo steel. Drop down to 450yds....boring, and that's with the lowest BC 123gr TGT bullet I know of.
      I took my cheap BCA out today. My first shot was at 600 yards, I missed. Note, I missed. My following 6 shots were all hits. I connected twice at 600 and stepped back in 100yd increments. Each were first round hits. I used a BCA 16in bbl upper and a PA 1-6 ACSS. A 5.56 just does not hit with authority, hits are hard to confirm on a busy range past 300 with a 5.56 but not with a Grendel. I am totally sold on the 6.5G.

I have no doubt a PSA upper would perform even better. My son had a new PSA premium 5.56 upper out today and had ZERO issues with it.
      #shareyourspare

Comment

• lazyengineer
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by big bore 427 View Post
        Any opinions on these uppers?
        I buy from and like PSA, but YOU are the QC department. Today, first outing with my PSA grendel, and in 60 shots the handguard came loose and drifted forward. Rushed screw-ups like this are common with PSA items. They will stand behind it, and in the end you will have actually have quite a good gun for an amazing price. But always budget at least 100 rounds of a hard use break-in with a PSA, before doing anything that matters with one.

This is normal for PSA. Others have challenges at times too - my RPR did the same thing to me. Would I buy another PSA upper? Sure. But I'm willing to tinker with it, or ship it back.

So yes, they actually DO make high quality parts, but the assembly and inspection practices are such that YOU are the QC department.
        4x P100

Comment

• Cereal Thriller
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2019

I got a .223 Wylde I plink with a lot.

My wife has one of their .308's AR10's she shoots with. Her .308 is plum damn nasty accurate with a simple basic hand load I built for it. She is learning more every time we go to the range on bag squeezing, breathing and patience on trigger pull.

Comment

Working...
          X