Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value

I have a 6.5 grendel and am thinking of selling to fund an Ar-10. It is a AA upper and lower with a 16in AA stainless barrel bolt combo with Vortex hider, RR A2 stock, RR 2 stage trigger and RR rifle length free float tube. Have 13 mags, all parts were new and fired 20 rounds for function, ran perfectly.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

What does an AR10 do that the Grendel won't?

Comment

everything about an AR10 just costs more ...... still want one though. Probably because I don't have one. You know how that works.

Here is the hard cold truth about AR's. You put together a very nice build and pay about 2 grand for the set up. Once you put one bullet down the tube (actually, as soon as you buy the parts), it is just a used rifle. Too many want to get "what they paid for it" prices for thier used stuff. The reality is, it's worth half what you paid for it the first time you shoot it. AR's just don't have a high resale value ..... especially now with the economy in the toilet.

Comment

• Drifter
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

With quality used stuff that is desirable and in good condition, ~67% of the original cost is a reasonable amount.

Put it on gunbroker.com with the starting bid set at the least amount acceptable to you, then see where the final bid ends up.
        Drifter

Comment

I agree with Drifter on value of used equipment, 2/3s the cost of new, if it's quality product, that's reasonable.

Comment

Two-thirds is optimistic, if you're a dealer who can wait while selling. Over the years I've bought and sold various firearms, sometimes to buy another, sometimes for other reasons. I've never come out ahead by doing that. Trust me, you're far better off keeping the rifle you have and saving up to buy another one than by selling to buy another rifle. That's much more cost effective.

Comment

I completely agree with Fastpat, I've regretted it ever time I've ever sold a gun. Sounds like a good idea at first. Keep it.

Comment

Working...
              X