• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KD85
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2019

What mags should i get

I am starting to compile a list of componets i need for my 6.5 pistol build. the 6.5 Grendel II is a new caliber for me so i will need to mags. who makes the best ones? i currently have ARs in 5.56 and 7.62x39. would i be able to use those mags? i dont really care if i can only load 27 in a 30 or anything like that i just want them to funtion.
  • CWOZ
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2018

5.56 mags I am told will feed a few rounds of Grendel, but only the first few. I have not personally tried to feed Grendel in 5.56 mags.
    That said:
    I have ASC 25 round, D&H 10 round, and E Lander 17 round mags for Grendel. All 3 brands work as advertised, no issues so far.

LaRue had 17 round E Landers last week, not sure if they have any in stock now. ammoseek lists some ASCs at a couple of vendors.

Hope it helps.

Mark

Comment

• Jeepster18_88
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

I use ASC in my 7.62x39 and my Grendel, but I haven't tried to interchange them. I bought bands to designate which was which to keep them from being mistaken by someone in a hurry. If I can remember to, I'll try the x39 mag in the Grendel next week and let you know what happens. I will say that their magazines have ran flawlessly so far out of each gun I've tried.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

For me Cpd mags have been great. Some have needed a feed lip to be tweaked a bit but nothing major. I use the 10 and 26 round cpd mags.

Joebobs is where I have been getting mine and they usually have them instock.

Comment

• LTQZ
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2019

Hello KD85,

I have ASC 10 rd Grendel mags and they work great, just ordered some 25 rd mags from ASC.
          I have used PMAGS for the Grr, I only shot a few rounds but they did work.
          Knowledge and understanding leads to Wisdom.

Comment

• Chipj4
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2018

I have some 17 round ELander and 10 round C products and both work just fine. I do like the ELander mags better because they just feel more solid due to the steel bodies.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Chipj4 View Post
              I have some 17 round ELander and 10 round C products and both work just fine. I do like the ELander mags better because they just feel more solid due to the steel bodies.
              I think that has more to do with the thickness of the steel. Both elander and cpd mags are steel. Just cpd uses a thinner steel and it gives you a bit more room for handloads.

Comment

• Chipj4
                Bloodstained
                • Apr 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                I think that has more to do with the thickness of the steel. Both elander and cpd mags are steel. Just cpd uses a thinner steel and it gives you a bit more room for handloads.
                Thanks. I guess I just assumed they were aluminium do to their thinness. Shows what I know :-)

Comment

• Kevinohio
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2019

When buying mags.who has the best deals with postage included?

Comment

• RifleDisciple
                    Unwashed
                    • Apr 2019

What COAL can you get out of the thinner mag body?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by RifleDisciple View Post
                      What COAL can you get out of the thinner mag body?
                      All my cpd mags allow 2.285 to 2.300 or very close to that.

Comment

• Michael-95037
                        Bloodstained
                        • Apr 2019

The best deal I've found is at JSE Surplus. CPD 10-round mags for $12.50 and only $4 shipping when I bought my 2 mags. $29.00 out the door for 2 10-round mags.

Comment

• richiecotite
                          Unwashed
                          • Feb 2019

All my cpd mags allow 2.285 to 2.300 or very close to that.
                          That is extremely good info to know, thank you.

Comment

• isaacspoon
                            Unwashed
                            • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Michael-95037 View Post
                            The best deal I've found is at JSE Surplus. CPD 10-round mags for $12.50 and only $4 shipping when I bought my 2 mags. $29.00 out the door for 2 10-round mags.
                            AWESOME! thanks for posting this, just purchased 2 for myself for $29 out the door!! thanks again

Comment

• Michael-95037
                              Bloodstained
                              • Apr 2019

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X