• hill37
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

6.5G/Six8 experiment

From Ar15.com https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/LW...er/121-737220/
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Well looky at that polymer grendel mags that hold 30 rounds.

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
      Well looky at that polymer grendel mags that hold 30 rounds.
      Don’t walk go walking round the hood today. People will wonder about that bulge in you britches
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
        Don’t walk go walking round the hood today. People will wonder about that bulge in you britches
        If I go walk around the hood. It will be with a can of gas and a box of matches lmao.

Comment

• lazyengineer
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2019

Apparently someone else is exploring this as well. FWIW, the LWRC reciever set is required; which then will fit the special MagPul 6.8 mags that are bigger, and only fit that reciever set. The mags require a little modification in shaving the interior rails for the larger diameter bullet, and some shaving/adjustments to the lips, and cutting the front a little lower in some cases. This guy cut some mag springs, and so was able to fit 30 rounds in a 30 round mag. I don't know if I'd do that part, but he says it works. and with that, he's got PMags for Grendel. The reciever sets are actually pretty great. They are also quite expensive. I don't know if this is the project for me, but it is interesting.

My biggest complaint with mags right now is the Elanders work fine, but they rattle. They rattle louder than I'd like, while night stalking along a trail with thermal trying to close to 45 yards or so. Plastic would be nice. The Amend2 plastic mag reputation is not good. That, and they are rather large magazines for such low capacity. I'd rather they just kept a 20 round mag profile and just settle for the even lower capacity, than a great big 30 round mag sticking way down, with a dinky single-stack capacity like that.
          So this is one route to do it better.

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.
          4x P100

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
            Apparently someone else is exploring this as well. FWIW, the LWRC reciever set is required; which then will fit the special MagPul 6.8 mags that are bigger, and only fit that reciever set. The mags require a little modification in shaving the interior rails for the larger diameter bullet, and some shaving/adjustments to the lips, and cutting the front a little lower in some cases. This guy cut some mag springs, and so was able to fit 30 rounds in a 30 round mag. I don't know if I'd do that part, but he says it works. and with that, he's got PMags for Grendel. The reciever sets are actually pretty great. They are also quite expensive. I don't know if this is the project for me, but it is interesting.

My biggest complaint with mags right now is the Elanders work fine, but they rattle. They rattle louder than I'd like, while night stalking along a trail with thermal trying to close to 45 yards or so. Plastic would be nice. The Amend2 plastic mag reputation is not good. That, and they are rather large magazines for such low capacity. I'd rather they just kept a 20 round mag profile and just settle for the even lower capacity, than a great big 30 round mag sticking way down, with a dinky single-stack capacity like that.
            So this is one route to do it better.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/6-...y-/121-783368/
            It's one of ours. M796rider.

Ok so I'm going to go ahead and drop the ball now even though I haven't finished testing yet. Not to long back I seen a post on anouther site where someone had put a Larue upper on a six8 lower and had it running grendel from the 20 round mags he had. So I ordered up a set of recivers and some 10 round and 30 round mags and
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Working...
            X