• Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Very good results

Comment

• Jimla
      Warrior
      • Dec 2018

For those who may be interested, the barrel used in this upper is on sale 18% discount at Optics Planet, offer ends 7/12/19.

Today's Daily Deal

Comment

• Jimla
        Warrior
        • Dec 2018

AT3 FF-ML 20 Inch Faxon 6.5 Grendel Upper Range Result:

Speer Gold Dot with 30.6-31.9 CFE 223 Results, while the 31.9gr load had no pressure sign on my brass it could be too hot of a load in other rifles. It is an estimated max load using quickload using lowest Velocity result of three other 120gr bullets in their database, 120gr Gold Dot is not in quickload.

Up to this point I could use any bullet and powder weight with this great rifle and get a hunting load, not with CFE223, the average group size was 1.26 MOA. With very large variation of 2 MOA+ to very small .34 MOA.

120 GD 31.2gr CFE223 Hornady Brass No Crimp .34 MOA (Est MV 2489)
        120 GD 31.3gr CFE223 Hornady Brass No Crimp .49 MOA (Est MV 2494)
        120 GD 31.9gr CFE223 Hornady Brass No Crimp .54 MOA (Est MV 2544)

cfeGD0.jpgcfeGD1.jpgcfeGD2.jpg

Comment

• RobUrban
          Bloodstained
          • Jul 2018

Looks like promising results out of cfe with the gold dot. Just got a package of gold dots today to test out with cfe 223.

Comment

• Jimla
            Warrior
            • Dec 2018

Originally posted by RobUrban View Post
            Looks like promising results out of cfe with the gold dot. Just got a package of gold dots today to test out with cfe 223.
            Be careful, no publish data with 120 Gold Dot and CFE223. My rifle has lower pressure than other rifles so I can load more powder. Some people have seen pressure sign at 31.4gr.

Comment

• FLshooter
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2019

Good shooting.Once you find the bullet and load it likes.And that may take you some time.It will easily be a sub moa shooter.You’re not far now.

Comment

• Scrape hunter
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2019

Jimla I have heard that cfe223 is very temp sensitive have you found this to be true with your testing ?

Comment

• Jimla
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Scrape hunter View Post
                  Jimla I have heard that cfe223 is very temp sensitive have you found this to be true with your testing ?
                  I don't have temp sensitive problems at all in Hawaii, my hunting area and range only changes +/- 10 Degrees year round. CFE223 is know to be temperature sensitive and higher velocities. If you shooting at different temps(cold and hot), I would lose 50-100fps and focus on less sensitive powers like IMR 8208 XBR and AR COMP.

Comment

• Jimla
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2018

I got a new lot of CFE223 powder, I tried a 10 shot Satterlee's load development and loaded the previous accurate load.

I was surprised how well 10 shot Satterlee's worked, it found my previous 30.8gr and 31.2gr nodes, see graph. At 30.8 it is at a bottom out in a flat area and at 31.2 it is a flat area with a sight drop of Velocity increasing .1 grains.

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 5.42.40 PM.png

Comment

• FRB6.5
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Jimla View Post
                      I got a new lot of CFE223 powder, I tried a 10 shot Satterlee's load development and loaded the previous accurate load.

I was surprised how well 10 shot Satterlee's worked, it found my previous 30.8gr and 31.2gr nodes, see graph. At 30.8 it is at a bottom out in a flat area and at 31.2 it is a flat area with a sight drop of Velocity increasing .1 grains.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14727[/ATTACH]
                      Nice to see some confirmation of that method.

Comment

Working...
                      X