• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hill37
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

FoldAR 12" Grendel

Head Honcho of FoldAR said on ARFCOM the 6.5 Grendel wasn't "suited' for a 12" barrel and he wouldn't recommend it. (?)https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Fo...9524/#i7885922
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Lmffao well he is free to belive what he wants the rest of us know better. Lol bet he owns a 6.8 and 300 blkout in 12 inch lmao.

I mean come on its 2019, how do people think they can post and say such stupid stuff and have others take them seriously.

Comment

• hill37
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

For some reason it may not work in the FoldAR but that's no reason to say it won't work at all.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
        For some reason it may not work in the FoldAR but that's no reason to say it won't work at all.
        No he stated grendel doesn't work in 12 inch barrels and needs to be no shorter then 16-18 inchs. His statement was in general and not based off his products not working as a 12 inch grendel.

A few post done there was a member doing up his own grendel barrel to replace the 223 barrel that came in his foldar.

So the way I read it and the way he made it sound is he has been feed a line of bs and he truly believes that a grendel can't run in a 12 inch barrel.

Not that I'm going to waist money buying that junk he is selling, I have zero use for something like that. And have no intentions in adding 2 more failure points too a already complicated weapon full of failure points.

I just think it's retarded too say grendel needs longer then a 12 inch barrel. I mean come on that's so 2006 spc of him.

Comment

• hill37
          Warrior
          • Apr 2017

I hope the 12" that guy is building runs like a stripped a** ape.

Comment

• Wanderson
            Warrior
            • Oct 2018

Then please don’t tell my PSA 12” upper cause it seems to shoot Wolf steel and Hornady Black to my satisfaction.

Comment

• Forgottenben
              Bloodstained
              • Oct 2015

Stainless or regular barrel?
              Originally posted by Wanderson View Post
              Then please don’t tell my PSA 12” upper cause it seems to shoot Wolf steel and Hornady Black to my satisfaction.

Comment

• CaptnC
                Warrior
                • May 2018

I have not read his writings but I think the chambering is better served in a longer barrel. I did a search earlier this week and I could only find three barrel makers cutting a 12". Many of those who sell AR barrels don't offer 12.5" barrels. I think there is a good reason for that. While I do enjoy getting under the skin of those who are kind of thin skinned over the subject.

I've said it before, I think someone sold Faxon barrels on making them. They seen a chance to make a buck so they did it. I'm not saying it's a dumb idea, but there are smarter choices when it comes to practical Grendel barrel lengths.

It's a great chambering for the AR platform and I don't agree with hand cuff in it with a short barrel

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by CaptnC View Post
                  I have not read his writings but I think the chambering is better served in a longer barrel. I did a search earlier this week and I could only find three barrel makers cutting a 12". Many of those who sell AR barrels don't offer 12.5" barrels. I think there is a good reason for that. While I do enjoy getting under the skin of those who are kind of thin skinned over the subject.

I've said it before, I think someone sold Faxon barrels on making them. They seen a chance to make a buck so they did it. I'm not saying it's a dumb idea, but there are smarter choices when it comes to practical Grendel barrel lengths.

It's a great chambering for the AR platform and I don't agree with hand cuff in it with a short barrel
                  Probably will get labeled as this skinned but here you go.

You keep posting the same statement in every thread that has too do with short barrels. We get it you don't think it's a good idea and don't want it.

You have stated it several times. Seems like your jyst being a troll about it now.

It's a novel idea, somethings being discussed you think isn't worth while, don't reply too it and move along too discussions that are more inline with your ideas and thoughts.

Ohh and just so you can read it in 2 threads now here us a list of company's that cut short grendel barrels- AA,PF,Faxon,Odion,BA,BCA,Xcaliber, Lijia will cut short grendel barrels on contract. I'm probably missing a few well known shops and tons of custom shops that will cut you whatever you like.

Notice I didn't list the shops that cut 264lbc chambers, that would have made the list even longer but then someone would have argued it isn't a grendel.

Point being is its getting kind of old too keep reading the same stuff every short barrel thread. I could understand if you were accutly trying discuss but your not you simple want too start a flame up.

Ok rant over and skin rubbed even thinner. Enjoy fellas.

Comment

• CaptnC
                    Warrior
                    • May 2018

Ok...I tried to make a low key post that not everyone buys into 12.5 Grendel. That I also dont.

I guess because I don't believe like some here, I shouldn't express my opinion because some here get their panties in a wad over it!

I've been involved in a number of threads like this on the Long Range Hunting Forum and my opinion is shared by the masses there. I would suggest those who get so upset over my opinion not go there. Their therapist will not be happy with the huge set back they experienced by hearing an opinion that differs from theirs.

Maybe you should have a sticky made that startes any negative opinion about 12.5" Grendel barrels is strictly forbidden on this forum! Everyone must support our opinion, any other opinions are not welcome!

Feel free to cut and past this in your forum rules!

Comment

• hill37
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2017

No one told you can't post but you can't tell them not to post their opinion either.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

Ok...I tried to make a low key post that not everyone buys into 12.5 Grendel. That I also dont.

I guess because I don't believe like some here, I shouldn't express my opinion because some here get their panties in a wad over it!

I've been involved in a number of threads like this on the Long Range Hunting Forum and my opinion is shared by the masses there. I would suggest those who get so upset over my opinion not go there. Their therapist will not be happy with the huge set back they experienced by hearing an opinion that differs from theirs.

Maybe you should have a sticky made that startes any negative opinion about 12.5" Grendel barrels is strictly forbidden on this forum! Everyone must support our opinion, any other opinions are not welcome!

Feel free to cut and past this in your forum rules!
                        There is a difference in opinion and posting it in every thread about short barreled grendels. When it's in every thread it's past opinion too more of being a troll.

And yea I'm a member of that fourm too. And yep lots of guys don't own short barreled grendels but one lol fact your leaving out from that statement.

That fourm is for dicussing LONG RANGE not something most would consider a short barreled grendel for doing.

And I'm not going to cut and paste anything because it's not my fourm.

Yea I like your low key approach. I don't like it, no body makes them, I don't think grendel should be used in short barrels.

Yep very low key of you.

It's kind of simple really. I mean a very novel idea just hit me. If you don't want other members of this fourm to disagree with your constant injection of what you like or don't like. Then simple don't reply to threads that are discussing products that you deam unworthy of ownership or usefullness.

Keep yourself too threads that are more inline with your interest and you won't have to worrie about members firing back at you for constantly posting the same drivel in every short barrel grendel thread.

And you won't have to get butthurt when said members post data too prove that your wrong.

Now sorry if that upsets you but well let's face it this is like what the 4th or 5th thread you have posted that same stuff.

It's time too move on you have more then once voiced your opinion about said subject.

Comment

• CaptnC
                          Warrior
                          • May 2018

Brownells carries Faxon barrels...but not any 12.5"...as for your list, anyone, who turns AR barrels, will turn what you want...that does make it the right choice.

"That fourm is for dicussing LONG RANGE not something most would consider a short barreled grendel for doing."

But yet I read on here of 12.5" Grendel being "stupid easy to.make hits on steel at 800 yards"...it's not "stupid easy" to make with a 26" barreled magnum. That is unless your shooting at something the size of an elephant.

I ran some numbers after your last post, just out of curiosity to see the MV of a 12.5"....1,080fps...I can almost throw a snowball at that speed! J/K

But it is getting almost to the speed it moving more vertical than horizontal...ALMOST!

All that said Im not saying a 24" barrel is going to do wondrous things at that distance either, but if I'm going to shoot that far, it will be with something I stand the best chance to do it with!
                          Last edited by CaptnC; 05-09-2019, 04:33 AM.

Comment

• CaptnC
                            Warrior
                            • May 2018

One last thing...when someone new to the forum comes and asks a question, he shouldn't have 5 or 6 guys (many times the same guys) jump in and tell him how great something is without a second opinion. .. or at least an alternative opinion.

Comment

• Forgottenben
                              Bloodstained
                              • Oct 2015

One last thing...when someone new to the forum comes and asks a question, he shouldn't have 5 or 6 guys (many times the same guys) jump in and tell him how great something is without a second opinion. .. or at least an alternative opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X