• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pesty3782
    Unwashed
    • May 2019

Grendel Hunter upper ordered

Totally new to the 6.5 Grendel, but after all the internet "Truths" I just ordered up an 18 inch upper from Grendel Hunter...Free shipping this weekend and for those of you who have put your lives on the line in the military, he is a veteran, and has a military discount. I never had the honor of military duty, I went a different route doing local stuff.

Can't wait to get the upper and start shooting. Ordered up a few mags from Brownells and already have some ammo. The upper will go on my DPMS lower that is registered in this damn state.

Any help, information, please send it my way. I will be reloading for this round soon just figuring out the dies, bullets and powders now.

Tony P.
  • kpswihart
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Enjoy your Grendel. They are addicting, so expect more to follow the first. Tons of information on this forum that will help along the way. Don't be shy about asking questions, most folks here are more than happy to offer advice and opinions. Range reports are always appreciated.

Comment

• MaineAR
      Warrior
      • Sep 2018

^^^...and photos. We like photos of targets and firearms.

Comment

• pesty3782
        Unwashed
        • May 2019

Well as soon as I get it photos will be posted. Need some FDE furniture to match the upper

Tony P

Comment

• pesty3782
          Unwashed
          • May 2019

So the upper arrived today and all I can say is wow!!!!! I put on some Thordsen FRS gen 3 flat dark earth furniture and it matches the upper pretty good. Reaching out to a friend who does refinishing to see if he can get the lower the same color.

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

Comment

• MaineAR
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

That looks pretty slick! Good shootin’!

Comment

• pesty3782
              Unwashed
              • May 2019

Took it out last week to only a 50 yard range with Hornady black. Upper ran perfect!!!!! It took 8 rounds to get point of aim point of impact at 50 yards using the Leupold 3X9 I have on it. I shot 2 groups from the prone position with a GI trigger....Each group had 2 kissing cousins and 1 just outside the one inch square I was using. Have a new trigger coming and will continue to dial in the rifle.

Tony P.

Comment

Working...
              X