Clear All
  • Hank.Blanton
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2019

Larue or hunter?

• TexHill
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2019

I ordered my LaRue upper in mid-January, and didn't receive it until late May. In the meantime I got antsy and ordered another upper from Aero Precision, which arrived a week after ordering it. The LaRue is mounted on my Daniel Defense lower, and the Aero precision is mounted on my Colt LE6920 lower. I didn't cancel my LaRue order because I wanted a second 6.5 Grendel for my son to use.

Both shoot exceptionally well. Aero uses stainless steel barrels, so barrel break in is recommended. LaRue nitrides their barrels so a barrel break in is redundant. Both companies make their own barrels, (Aero Precision owns barrel manufacturer Ballistic Advantage).
    When David met Goliath everyone else said, "He's too big to defeat". David said, "He's too big to miss!"

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

If your talking about the Grendel Hunter uppers sold by a dealer in Wisconsin there are several satisfied customers on the forum. Last I read was Grendel Hunter was using Saturn/Liberty Grendel II barrels. Alexander Arms also sell a hunter version of their 6.5 Grendel. The Hunter upper sold by AA has also had positive reviews on this forum.

Here is a link to the forum custom search feature. It will be easy to find post regarding either upper.

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
        Alexander Arms also sell a hunter version of their 6.5 Grendel. The Hunter upper sold by AA has also had positive reviews on this forum.
        Which are discounted slightly right now and come in that bitchin' Kyptek hydrodip.

Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Labrat198
          Warrior
          • Nov 2018

I cannot speak the barrels grendel hunter uses, as I put a group buy barrel on my build, but every thing they sell appears to be from reputable sources. I got a hand guard and assembled upper receiver from them and couldn't be happier. Price seemed fair to me and was on my doorstep the same week. What I have got from larue has been excellent quality at a reasonable price but you do have to play the waiting game with them.

Comment

Working...
          X