• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Evocatus_Strategic
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2020

Hello everyone,

My name is Jeremy and I am one of the co-owners of Evocatus Strategic. I actually came across this thread from a web search and was pleasantly surprised to find some buzz about us here. As such, I thought that I would join in and give you some updates first hand. I suppose the best way to proceed might be to give you some back ground on us. Evocatus is comprised of the three of us: myself, my dad (Danny), and Jeff. We are all veterans which is where our name comes from. An "Evocatus" comes from the early Roman army and signified a soldier who had served their time but came back into service upon the request of the commander. I am retired Marine Corps, my father was a Marine Vietnam vet, and Jeff is prior Army Special Forces medic. As huge 2A advocates, we view this endeavor as serving again.

We have privately built AK's for quite some time. A year ago, we decided that we wanted to see if we could chamber it in 6.5 Grendel. Our prototype was successful (we call an "AK Sigma") which is actually what we used for the 1,000-yard shoot video. That was a 24" steel target shooting with a 16" barrel and steel-cased Wolf ammo which averages about $0.28/rd. We went to Csspecs to manufacture the 6.5G mags and built them a mock-up of our receiver to go off of. Concurrent to all of this, we have also developed a 9x39mm chambered AK.

We look to market our AK Sigma as an Extended Range Battle Rifle. It has been slow going as we have found creating a firearms company from scratch to be a challenge, but we continue to move forward. We first debuted our builds at Kalash Bash in Texas last April. We will be at Kalashnicon in Missouri at the end of this month and then Kalash Bash 2020 in March as event sponsors. We will be building two rifles in the field that weekend at that event and raffling them off to attendees. Our website is being built (by a pro) right now, but we are at work becoming authorized dealers for many great brands. For example, Savior rifle cases; we look to ship every one of our firearms in one of their range cases. Additionally, we will be teaching AK build classes, tactical medical training, as well as many other projects that I am not at liberty to yet announce.

At present time, we are working on a Waiting List as we've had many people express interest in what we're doing well before we were able to provide production firearms. We want to make sure that we are bringing the very best quality to our customers. There’s so much more to share, but I feel like this is already become a novel. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them. We really believe in this cartridge and that it is the future of the AK platform.

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
      Warrior
      • Jan 2014

Ballpark the price :

1200 - 1500

1500 - 2499

2500 - plus

A lot of guys will just want the Sigma, 2 mags , and a scope mounting arrangement.

What it sounds to me like is you’re thinking about a full service “package” with various adaptations and other training offerings - that’s all good and well for high rollers.

What will Evocatus be offering for AK newbies or Grendel fans who may own ‘0’ AKs and not really willing to spend more than $ 600 for those PSA builds $ 900 for Vepr and the like....

I’m not pissing in your Cheerios , I like the background story , I’m grateful for your service to country, and I wish y’all the best in your endeavor - I’m simply asking if I should continue to tune in for updates or get on a waiting list OR If this is to be for hardcore Ak’ers who spend big for quality then I should just walk on by.

Comment

• Evocatus_Strategic
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2020

Thank you. I appreciate the question and my Cheerios are good, sir.
        We are looking at a standard model AK Sigma with wood furniture (think your basic AKM) running in the $1,500 price range. This is with mags, rifle case, and side mount for optics and premium, Cerakoted rifle chambered in 6.5 Grendel. Additionally, we hope to work one-on-one with the customer during the process, hence the list. If you go to purchase an AK from a big box manufacturer, you buy the model and plug and play with your own accessories and may have to pay a gunsmith to do some of the work, depending. We want to offer a bespoke option where if you want a side-folder, different widget, or other accessories or features, then the weapon can be built to order as you want it. You want a Sabrewerks optic mount system? Cool, we'll build that in and the cost will be adjusted. Obviously, that lends credence to the big spenders to play as they want too but provides a relatively affordable rifle for someone who just wants a stock looking AK that will shoot out to 1,000 yards with a cartridge bearing excellent ballistic capabilities.

We are in work building an 18" fluted, bull barrel AK Sigma (called, "Silverback", for my dad). I have my "Lyudmila" build which was our first 18" barrel Sigma. Those options are available too.

Thank you for the interest and the reply!

Originally posted by HuntTXhogs View Post
        Ballpark the price :

1200 - 1500

1500 - 2499

2500 - plus

A lot of guys will just want the Sigma, 2 mags , and a scope mounting arrangement.

What it sounds to me like is you’re thinking about a full service “package” with various adaptations and other training offerings - that’s all good and well for high rollers.

What will Evocatus be offering for AK newbies or Grendel fans who may own ‘0’ AKs and not really willing to spend more than $ 600 for those PSA builds $ 900 for Vepr and the like....

I’m not pissing in your Cheerios , I like the background story , I’m grateful for your service to country, and I wish y’all the best in your endeavor - I’m simply asking if I should continue to tune in for updates or get on a waiting list OR If this is to be for hardcore Ak’ers who spend big for quality then I should just walk on by.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Evocatus_Strategic View Post
          We really believe in this cartridge and that it is the future of the AK platform.
          YES on this.
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• MaineAR
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

Have you considered just a barreled receiver option for those that like to tinker and plug & play to create their own firearm? This may be appealing to those that wish to dip into the 6.5 AK at a lower price where they can purchase accessories & furniture as they can afford in order to make the rifle what they want it to be.

Comment

• Jeff@Evocatus
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2020

MaineAR,

Yes we have. From the start we have had the goal of keeping costs as low as possible. This is not our primary gig. However as we have learned, quality costs. We are not willing to put out a product that cannot meet the demands and standards that may be placed on it and this costs money. We take each order individually and work with that customer to meet their specific needs, and their budget as much as we are able. If you want performance, that's us. If you want the best value for your money, that's also us.

Comment

• BillNyeTheWesternSpy
                Unwashed
                • Nov 2020

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                YES on this.
                Well, I think a 6.5 Galil Ace would be superior to a 6.5 AK.

Comment

• MaineAR
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2018

Comment

• TexasSlinger
                    Unwashed
                    • Nov 2020

I saw their Galil based 6.5 and then some 6prc ak47. They are ridiculous, awesome rifles, and very well put together. his 8 inch barrel folder was out of this world. can't wait to see what these guys can do in the future!

Comment

Working...
                    X