X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bdlot
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2019

I have ordered the G and G Rifleworks AR receiver lapping tool set. I ordered the set due to having both the M4 E1 and M5 E1 uppers. I will report back.

Comment

• olde sarge
      Warrior
      • May 2014

I have had a lapping tool for a few years and have never used it to lap a receiver. I have used it to check the receivers by inserting it and shining a powerful light to see if I can detect any light. Have never seen any need to use it. I have to qualify my statement. I have only used Precision Firearms uppers and lowers and have found them to be dead nuts so my experience is limited. Am about to order another lower and 3-4 uppers.

Comment

• Bdlot
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2019

G and G Rifleworks lapping full set good to go!!!
        I've been a little and a bit more anxious, but I received the lapping set and it was packaged extremely well. The tools were individually tubed in soft plastic and capped as well and came with 4 syringes of lapping compound that were in a Ziploc type bag. I was very impressed and thought I would give them a shout out.
        I lapped my AP M4E1 Enhanced upper by hand (it is set up for a drill if needed) with the upper oriented vertically being careful to not get any compound into the bolt carrier portion.
        I checked the progress every so often and it appeared true (as older sarge posted about AP) from the start because the finish dulled evenly and then disappeared evenly as well.
        If nothing else, it added one more process/check to insure mating surface to be true as well as increase assembly time. All that time to get one part here and one part there which took me forever it seems in order to put a quality rifle together with my own two hands in an afternoon.

Comment

Working...
        X