X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Popeye212
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2018

I can tell you what not to get ....Wheeler Sent back every tool I ordered from them. I would say they they are a 1 shot item but some of the punches didn't get that far. Lapping tool was almost a disaster.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by phishfood View Post
      Any specific recommendations?
      I forget who's I'm useing. They out in the shop and I just got back from deer camp tonight. I will go get the name of them tommorw for you.

Comment

• phishfood
        Warrior
        • Jul 2017

I ended up with a set from Real Avid. I will let The Horde know how they work out.

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

I own many sets of grace tools, they work well for me and they are guaranteed for life.Just call Grace and they’ll send you a new one ,no questions asked.I cherish my grace tools as much is I cherish the vintage 6” Columbia vice I inherited.
          I have several magazine well blocks ,the Magpul BEV is one. I also have a set of soft jaws I use for muzzle devices.In the past to install muzzle devices,I have used a piece of an old leather belt wrapped around the barrel ,works fine no scratches. It’s how my uncle did it back at the shop in the 70s . They didn’t have any specialty tools they successfully made their own.

Comment

• phishfood
            Warrior
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by phishfood View Post
            I ended up with a set from Real Avid. I will let The Horde know how they work out.
            To follow up.

One build definitely is not a thorough test, but they did seem to do just fine. Nothing broke or bent.

They came with a hammer that has four interchangeable striking surfaces. One rubber, one plastic, one brass, and one steel. That worked well enough for driving pins, and for staking the castle nut. It also came with a pair of plastic forceps for holding pins. They worked, sorta, but a pair of needlenose pliers worked a lot better.

The 9/64" roll pin punch was bent out of the box. At first I was kinda pissed about that, until I figured out that it worked really well for the bolt catch roll pin. Don't know if they bent that punch on purpose for that reason, but it did work out well.

Everything came in a plastic case that you could mount to the wall if you wanted, to keep everything organized and close at hand.

Comment

Working...
            X