• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shooter31
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2018

6.5 Grendel with a tubbs flat spring question

Curious if anyone has used a Tubbs SS FW spring in their Grendel, and especially if ya tried/use the .308 version spring(42coil)?
  • CJW
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

I’ve always used Damage Industries for springs.

Tubb thinks outside of the box on a lot of things.

Chuck

Comment

• Shooterrex
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2019

I am usinh the Armalite 308 spring.

Comment

• pinetreebbs
        Warrior
        • Nov 2013

I have several Tubes springs in ARs including one 6.5 Grendel. I like them, they collapse smaller than round springs and in my experience work more smoothly.

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Shooter31 View Post
          Curious if anyone has used a Tubbs SS FW spring in their Grendel, and especially if ya tried/use the .308 version spring(42coil)?
          Just ordered one Friday for an AR10. I will let you know.

Comment

• centerfire
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

I've got probably a dozen different buffer springs including the Tubbs flat wire. I've found the only thing it does uniquely is add frustration installing and removing it. Otherwise the Armalite AR10 carbine spring or Sprinco red springs are heavier and more consistent. I've got 1.2k rounds on the Sprinco red spring in my Grendel and it feels perfect. I also run the Sprinco red spring in an AR10. I have Sprinco blue springs in a 16" carbine and 10" SBR, both suppressed.

Comment

• snarkscarbine
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2019

I put Tubb springs in every AR now. I shoot suppressed 100% of the time and I've found they very consistently reduce gas in the eyes and smooth recoil and cycling. I have the 36-coil in my 12" pistol, and the 42-coil in my 20" Valkyrie. They are both SMOOTH shooters.
              Last edited by snarkscarbine; 10-01-2019, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Joseph5
                Warrior
                • Oct 2012

I use Tubbs springs also in all of my AR's and really like them.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                  Warrior
                  • May 2017

" I've found the only thing it does uniquely is add frustration installing and removing it."

That has been my experience also. I guess the takeaway here is for some folks they work and for others, maybe not so good.

Comment

• snarkscarbine
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
                    " I've found the only thing it does uniquely is add frustration installing and removing it."

That has been my experience also. I guess the takeaway here is for some folks they work and for others, maybe not so good.
                    Lol, for the record I agree 100% about it being annoying to get in/out, but I guess I just spend more time with the thing in the gun than I do taking it in/out.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                      Warrior
                      • May 2017

Originally posted by snarkscarbine View Post
                      Lol, for the record I agree 100% about it being annoying to get in/out, but I guess I just spend more time with the thing in the gun than I do taking it in/out.
                      Yeah, it's not like we are changing the spring every five minutes. I just didn't see any real difference in smoothness or "sproing". For my particular setups, Sprinco blue and H2 seem to give me what I like.

There a number of ways to skin goats, so to speak.

Comment

• Klem
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by snarkscarbine View Post
                        I put Tubb springs in every AR now. I shoot suppressed 100% of the time and I've found they very consistently reduce gas in the eyes and smooth recoil and cycling... They are both SMOOTH shooters.
                        Reduces gas to the eyes...really?

I've had MILSPEC springs in my rifles all my career. They have never jammed, broken or done anything other than compress and uncompress.

I'd rather save money and put it towards a better barrel.

Comment

• snarkscarbine
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2019

My experience. It?s going to vary with your configuration, but my cans are very high-backpressure. (SAS and TBAC) the Tubb springs keep the bolt engaged longer than your normal piano-wire spring and allow chamber pressure to subside a little more before unlocking.

If you don?t see the value in it that?s fine, but I like the way my guns run when I switched them. They?re only about $25, which is definitely more than your average spring, but I guess I?d never calculated springs in terms of the number of barrels I could buy.
                          Last edited by snarkscarbine; 10-02-2019, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X