• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scotebob
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2019

Mags

Just curious to know what brands of mags are proven? I have an ACS mag and having trouble with feeding and proper cycling. Was told to start with a mag change. Is this accurate?
    Thanks.
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Scotebob View Post
    Just curious to know what brands of mags are proven? I have an ACS mag and having trouble with feeding and proper cycling. Was told to start with a mag change. Is this accurate?
    Thanks.
    Nothing wrong with mine (ASC).

Comment

• Rosecrans1
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

Changing mags is a cheap fix and many times, it can help. My ASC mags work well in my bolt gun. Only so-so in my AR. Don't buy a "Stoner" mag as they are made by ASC. Look for C Products or Elanders. Elanders work best in my AR. Good Luck!

Comment

• Lastrites
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

Whichever mag, start with checking to see that a round doesn't get hung up on the front edge then take it apart, removing any extra flashing, debur/smooth all the edges, relieve front edge if need be then clean & reassemble it and finish by dry cycling the follower a number of times.

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

I use these and have had no problems.

Comment

• FLshooter
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

I bought a dozen ASC mags from Primary arms when they were giving a discount and free ship.Worked out to $11 ea delivered.I kept 6,my buddy got 6.Neither one of us of us of have had any problems.
            I also have a couple C products mags from when I first got the Grendel.My buddy had a few feeding problems with the C product mag that came with his Ruger American predator ,but for me they’ve all worked well in my AR15.

Comment

• Scotebob
              Unwashed
              • Sep 2019

Thank you. Where did you find Elanders at?

Comment

• Scotebob
                Unwashed
                • Sep 2019

Thank you. I am planning on taking it all apart and inspecting it. I'll look for that. I didn't see any problems with the spent cases but I will investigate further.

Comment

• Scotebob
                  Unwashed
                  • Sep 2019

Thank you all for the input.

Comment

• Wanderson
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2018

I’ve had good luck with elanders and CPDs, just recently got some ASC 15s and D&H 10s I hope to run this weekend.
                    Best to try a few different brands to see what works best in your rifle.
                    Elanders are usually easiest to find at Alexander or Larue.

Comment

• Scotebob
                      Unwashed
                      • Sep 2019

Update. Since this was my first complete build, I decided to start over and make sure I did everything correct. Do to the positive mag reviews. Most concerning thing I found was that I didn't have the gas block/tube centered. In addition to the feeding problem I noticed that the barrel had lots of powder residue after shooting. After aligning it properly and cleaning, it seems to have zero issue feeding and chambering rounds. Thank you all for the insight.

Comment

• Huckleberry75
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2018

My only complaint on E-lander mags is that mine rattle when loaded. Once they are in the gun, pressure from the action stops it. It is just annoying to have a round rattle inside my spares. The ASC mag I have, does not do that at all.

Comment

• Grendeltexashunter
                          Unwashed
                          • Jan 2019

my experiece is with my aero precision lowers.
                          6.5 e-landers won't fit with the 24 round magazines, the bullets make them bulge and it won't fit in my lower.
                          I believe I can get up to 15 before they bulge. I really wish they would fit in my lowers, however; they don't.

I use the asc 25 round magazines and haven't had any issues with them, they don't bulge in my aero precision lowers.
                          I only use factory 123 grain eld and sst at this point in my 6.5 grendels.

Comment

• 1Shot
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2018

Only problem with Elander mags is you can't load the COAL as long with them as you can others. I have a number of ASC and Stoner and in both of my Grendel ARs they run perfectly. It is just my thinking from observation from what others are saying but it seems that some of the feeding, fit, mag problems are not actually mag problems but lower problems. Some lowers have more narrow mag wells or maybe slightly different angled. Both of my AR Grendel's have Anderson lowers and I have only had one feeding problem and that was when I forgot to open the dust cover before I put my brass catcher on the rifle which did not allow the dustcover to open fully.

Comment

• Grendeltexashunter
                              Unwashed
                              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by 1Shot View Post
                              Only problem with Elander mags is you can't load the COAL as long with them as you can others. I have a number of ASC and Stoner and in both of my Grendel ARs they run perfectly. It is just my thinking from observation from what others are saying but it seems that some of the feeding, fit, mag problems are not actually mag problems but lower problems. Some lowers have more narrow mag wells or maybe slightly different angled. Both of my AR Grendel's have Anderson lowers and I have only had one feeding problem and that was when I forgot to open the dust cover before I put my brass catcher on the rifle which did not allow the dustcover to open fully.
                              I believe that to can be the issue as well. My aero precision lowers are cerakoted from aero and seem to change the milspec tolerance a bit with mags.

Comment

Working...
                              X