• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • idflyit
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2019

6.5 grendel bolt

will a 6.5 grendel bolt work in a ar15 .223 carrier????thx to all in advance BRB OKC
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Yes there is no difference in the bcg's.

You can take the bcg out of a 223/556 upper change out the bolt and drop it into a grendel upper and it will run just fine.

Comment

• idflyit
      Unwashed
      • Oct 2019

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
      Yes there is no difference in the bcg's.

You can take the bcg out of a 223/556 upper change out the bolt and drop it into a grendel upper and it will run just fine.
      ..............................I failed to say im left handed...Are 6.5 grendel BOLTS left & right handed ...Are carriers left & right handed....I am a NEWBY to the AR plateform... Sorry if this are stuped questions...most of the suppiers of AR parts DO NOT Answer the phone thank you so very much BRB OKC

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by idflyit View Post
        ..............................I failed to say im left handed...Are 6.5 grendel BOLTS left & right handed ...Are carriers left & right handed....I am a NEWBY to the AR plateform... Sorry if this are stuped questions...most of the suppiers of AR parts DO NOT Answer the phone thank you so very much BRB OKC
        I belive maxim firearms sells a left handed grendel bolt and I know they make left handed bcg's but off the top of my head I can't remember what company's.

Look back through the threads the last month are two. There was anouther member building a left handed ar grendel and he found the needed parts. Should be some soild Intel in that thread for you and your build.

Comment

• Wanderson
          Warrior
          • Oct 2018

If you can’t build a southpaw AR in 6.5g check out the shell deflector from TC-Accessories.
          Does a good job of directing brass & gas downward.

Comment

Working...
          X