• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomc
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2016

DPMS Oracle or Diamondback

I want a .308 for deer and hogs out to 250 yds and am considering a DPMS Oracle or Diamondback complete rifle with 16" barrel. Which of those two would you choose and why? Buds Gun Shop online seems to have the best price on both. I already have a Grendel. I do not want to build this rifle.
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

I got a gen3 PA10 MOE lower for $199 shipped.And a gen3 PA308 18” upper from Palmetto state Armory for $419 shipped.I dropped in an $80 Larue2 stage trigger ,and I ordered a 24” heavy barrel from Mark @ PF.I am turning into a sub moa shooter.
    But,for hunting,a Palmetto State Armory barrel will do you.It’s around moa.Anyway for $619 delivered,you will have an AR308 that is as good or better than a DPMS or Diamondback with money left over for glass.
    PSA uppers and lowers are made w/quality American parts that are as good as any at a low price.Your accuracy comes from the barrel.And IMO DPMS and Diamondback are no better than PSA.Just more expensive.

Comment

• Redomen
      Warrior
      • Jun 2016

A friend of mine purchased a diamondback in 6.5 CM from a local gun shop. I got him sighted in. It was a good shooter. I have nothing bad to say about them. If I wasn’t planning to build one I would consider buying one from them.

Comment

• meatsweats
        Warrior
        • Aug 2018

I?d go PSA (Palmetto State Armory) over both of the other brands listed. I have a PA10 308 and it?s a shooter. PSA has a lifetime warranty.
        MS

Comment

• Jeepster18_88
          Warrior
          • Feb 2019

I can't speak for DPMS or PSA, but I bought a Diamondback upper after having terrible accuracy with my BCA Grendel upper. The Diamondback did shoot better, but still wasn't anywhere near acceptable. I wouldn't be surprised if they used BCA barrels but I don't know that for a fact. It does shoot but who wants a gun that isn't very accurate. Luckily, many of those other calibers don't seem to be as difficult to make accurate barrels for. I've never had bad accuracy with any of my other budget build guns in the various calibers until I tried it with a Grendel, and then it was two for two failed.

Comment

• FLshooter
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

I was getting a little impatient waiting for Mark at PF to send me my 24” Heavy AR 10 barrel,so I shot my PSA 308 upper with the 18” light stainless barrel it came with.I was very impressed.once I got the gas block adjusted properly(comes w/adjustable gas block),this thing shot well.Light and would make a great hunting rifle.
            Once my 24” barrel gets here and I swap it out I will be selling this PSA 308 light stainless 18” barrel.I will include the adjustable gas block and tube it came with and I will tell you what load it likes.I will take reasonable offers starting at $50.

Comment

• CJW
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2019

DPMS hand down over Diamondback.

Comment

• tomc
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2016

I ordered the DPMS Oracle with 16" barrel from Buds and a Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44 scope from Optics. Hope it doesn't weigh much over 10 lbs after I add a sling.

Comment

• CJW
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2019

I have ordered many guns from Buds, solid company.

Comment

• FLshooter
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2019

Originally posted by CJW View Post
                    Ditto

Comment

• delt475
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2019

Originally posted by CJW View Post
                      BUDS is a greedy company. They?ve ruined their local business for internet business. I used to work in Lexington every other week and would always stop by. Bought many guns from them. They were very reasonable and would negotiate and give me good deals when I asked them to go in back and ask.

Sandy Hook hit and they jacked up prices on everything. Tried to charge people $75 for a Magpul magazine. The refused to negotiate on prices. Their retail store has suffered greatly since. I haven?t been there in years.

To OP I?d personally buy a DPMS. I?d also be careful on what Gen you buy. AR-10?s are not standard like AR-15?s. Dpms is different than Armalite. Gen 1 DPMS is much more common than anything else. I own Gen1 Recon 308 with a 3.5 Acog on it. Shoots great but it is kind of heavy. I?ve never had a problem with it though

Comment

Working...
                      X