• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim WNC
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2019

Buffer & Spring recommendation

I'm sure this has been covered before, and for that I apologize. In searching this forum I couldn't find a specific recommendation.

I have an 18" Wilson Combat, rifle length gas, upper on the way. It has an adjustable gas block. I'll be running a rifle length receiver extension and will shoot almost exclusively suppressed (SiCo Omega).

This rifle will be used primarily for PRS style games out to ~700 yards. Ammo will generally be match grade 123s, but I'd want it to run reliably with American Gunner 123s as a cheapish practice load.

Is there a particular buffer weight and spring combination that is proven for this combo?

Thanks!
  • MarkS
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2018

I'm using the JP Customs Silent Capture Spring with the heavy buffer (JPSCS2-15H2) in my 6.5 Grendels and my 300 BLK rifles, and I really like the way they quiet down the twang and rattle.

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

I agree with mark. Both of my suppressed grendels use the jpscs h2

Comment

• Tim WNC
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2019

Thanks y'all.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

If your using a rifle length buffer tube you can run a mil spec rifle buffer and spring but if you can afford a JP SCS spring they get very good reviews.

Comment

• ricsmall
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

I would also look at adjustable gas block or bootleg adjustable carrier to tame the gas. You?ll most likely want it with the omega.
            Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

Working...
            X