• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gringoloco
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Best 15 to 20 round magazine

Curious as to what the consensus is regarding magazines with between a 15 to 20 round capacity. I have a couple of E-Landers 17 round mags that have worked well. Anyone have thoughts on ASC, C-Products or anyone else?
  • Rosecrans1
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

For my AR, C-Products. (CPD). I love the ASC's for their price and they work better than any others in my RAP but the CPD's just work better and fit/drop better than my Elanders, ASC, etc. in an AR platform.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I like the E-Lander 17 round mags for their size. My E-Lander mags have been gtg. I have a few original C Products mags and the later ASC mags. I’ve had to tweak the feed lip on one 24 round ASC mag because it had failure to feed on the non ejection port side. Other than that all mags work but I rarely load more than ten rounds in my CP/ASC 14 round mags. The 14 round mags were advertised as 15 rounds but only accept 14 rounds but CP/ASC count the chambered round in their listed capacities. I’ve had a couple of failure to feed when the 14 round mags were fully loaded. Alexander Arms rejected the design of the CP/ASC 14 round mag and never sold them.

I only use the 14 round mags from the bench and rarely load them past ten rounds. I have plenty of other higher capacity mags and treat the 14 rounds like they were 10 rounds mags. The size of the 14 round mags are the same as 5.56/223 20 round Aluminum mags.

Comment

• CJW
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

I’m with Vascar on the E-Landers, only I use the 4 and 10 round......

I have 2 CPD’s as well and they are fine as well.

Comment

• Wanderson
          Warrior
          • Oct 2018

Currently the only new 15-20 round 6.5g mags are the E-Lander 17s and the ASC 15, correct?

I wish CPD would make something between the 10 and the 26.

Just recently picked up some ASC 15s and so far they run fine thru two ARs and a Ruger bolt action.
          I do occasionally get a rattle from them but a quick tap on the spine clears that.

Been running E-lander 17s since day one with 6.5g and no feed issues. My top pick.

Comment

• PNWTargets
            Warrior
            • Dec 2019

I know this is for 15-20 round mags...I just got new 24 round E-Lander mags from AA and they look good. I will report back with fit form function test
            Last edited by PNWTargets; 12-21-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Gringoloco
              Warrior
              • Dec 2017

I was curious to see that the E-Lander 24 round mags were cheaper at primary arms than the 17 rounders. I like the compactness of the 17 though.

Comment

• PNWTargets
                Warrior
                • Dec 2019

E-Lander 24 round mag works good

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2013

My E-Lander 24 round mags tend to bind up and fail to elevate cartridges. I have 2.
                  Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                  My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Old Bob
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2019

I have 5 round, 10 round & 25 round ASC mags with Stoner marked floor plates. I also have 10 round & 17(?) round CPD mags. Haven't had any issues with either brand - they seem to function equally well.

Some observations: The 17 round CPD mags actually hold 19 rounds & the raised portions of their followers are on the left side, looking from the back of the mag. The 10 round CPD follower is identical to the ASC followers (bump on the right). Does it matter which side the bump is as long as the mags function well? See pics... CPD on the right.

GrendelFollowers.JPG
                    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

The difference in the location of the bump dictates which side feeds first. On 30 round 5.56 mags the first round goes in on the non ejection port side (left side odd numbers). The second round or even numbers feed from the ejection port or right side. The AR-15 mags are double feed meaning they feed from both stacks in the mag body.

As long as it is quality mag I haven't ever encountered a problem with which side of the mag feeds first. It can be a training issue as many have been trained to look at top cartridge to know whether 30 or 31 rounds (even or odd number) are loaded into the mag.

Loading 31 rounds in a 30 round mag makes it almost impossible to lock the mag in the well with a closed bolt.

Comment

Working...
                      X