X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

There are several guys making short (14” I think) Creed bolt guns and running the crap out of em in PRS club matches. They’re more than enough to hit steel solid at distance beyond 1k.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• guitarhillbilly
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2020

Personally the only reason I would want a short barrel AR is for special purpose such as clearing buildings in a SWAT situation. Also might work well if all you are doing is hunting in thick brush / cover all the time. Otherwise it is 20" Heavy Barrel all the way for me in my 5.56 and 6.5 G.

Comment

• Grendelshooter
        Warrior
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by guitarhillbilly View Post
        Personally the only reason I would want a short barrel AR is for special purpose such as clearing buildings in a SWAT situation. Also might work well if all you are doing is hunting in thick brush / cover all the time. Otherwise it is 20" Heavy Barrel all the way for me in my 5.56 and 6.5 G.

Comment

• FRB6.5
          Warrior
          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          I've literally taken that 12" Grendel out of the soft case, inserted a 25rd magazine with 120gr Federal Match or 123gr Hornady American Gunner, took up a magazine monopod supported position, and began engaging a 2'x3' buffalo silhouette at 800yds with 9/10 hits, the miss being a wind register after center hold on the first shot.

I haven't even explored what it will do with 123gr SMK, 123gr Scenar, 123gr ELD-M, 130gr ELD-M, 130gr VLD, or 130gr RDF from a bipod with more magnification.
          That pistol of yours inspired me to build one (3rd iteration actually...) to try and do similar.

BA 12.5edit.jpg

Until yesterday I'd only been able to shoot it to 300 yds at a public range but that, LabRadar and Strelok Pro got me enough data to get hits from 100-600 yds at a local PRS style "AR" match. Target sizes varied but think the smallest was 4" @ 200 (part of a KYL rack and it was moving from hits on the other plates). A bowling pin shaped plate at 310 yds was also on the small side for the distance. The 90 second time limit and actually finding the targets were the difficulties for me. Provided I held where my dope said I hit and with much more impact visibility than any of the 5.56 users.
          Last edited by FRB6.5; 03-01-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

I have plans to do this exact thing this summer at a local club match. If I score above 60% out to 600, the chuckles will die down.
            Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• FRB6.5
              Warrior
              • Oct 2018

Managed hits with it at 833 yards on a IPSC steel target this Sunday. Any misses were from wind. I was still supersonic there but nearing the end of that envelope. The little guns have amazing capability.

Comment

Working...
              X