How are the Faxon gunner 16? barrels as I Can?t find any 16? BA barrels in stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mustangfreek
    Warrior
    • Jan 2020

How are the Faxon gunner 16? barrels as I Can?t find any 16? BA barrels in stock

What gives?See none available in 16? BA that is.

New to the caliber but not the platform. After a 16? range/hunting rig. Rebarreling an upper and need bcg also

So any info, pointers? How are the Faxon gunners? Slim profiles usually don?t get my attention, but I?m curious as I?ve never ran a Faxon

Also is the Toolcraft 6.5G nitride bcg gtg
  • kpswihart
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Toolcraft is GTG. My only Faxon experience is with a 12" GB barrel purchased through this site. It is more accurate than I am, with no negative issues that I have found.

Comment

• RobertFL
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

I have a complete upper from Sanders Armory that has the Faxon "match grade" hand lapped 16 inch SS Gunner barrel. It is set up as a hunting rifle. I might have shot 90-100 rounds thru it. It shoots nickel sized groups at 100 yards with Factory loaded 123 SSTs . I think it would do better with a better bench rest and a better shot behind the trigger...

Comment

• FLshooter
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

I consider Faxon a middle of the line barrel maker.I have a Faxon barrel in .223.IMO their barrels are fine.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I have a Faxon Group Buy barrel and I like mine and it shoots good. The 6.5 Grendel uses a mil spec bolt carrier and if you only need a 6.5 Grendel bolt the Group buy bolts are very good. The group buy bolts are manufactured by Millennium and have the Grendel logo. Here is a link.

Industry-standard Mk136 6.5 Grendel bolt for a fantastic price available to Grendel Horde forum members. Bolt body is black nitrided 9310 steel; extractor is phosphated. These fit in standard bolt carriers and take standard firing pins. Grendel Monster Skull logo is laser-etched on bolt body — very cool! COST: $55 each,

Comment

• treed
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2016

I run a 18" faxon gunner on my hunting rifle and couldn't be more pleased. It consistently shoots 3/4 to 1" groups at 100 yds. My next build will be a 16" gunner for more restricted treestand hunting.

Comment

• PNWTargets
              Warrior
              • Dec 2019

All of my AR15s have Faxon barrels. The 16 inch Grendel I have is a Faxon barrel and BCG. I like Faxon products a lot.

Comment

Working...
              X