Dumb question of the day: AK Barrel / Bolt in 65G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AP Smizzlers
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2017

Dumb question of the day: AK Barrel / Bolt in 65G?

Okay, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, or my Google-fu has failed me, but I'll ask anyways.

Is there anyone (reputable) that makes a 6.5 Grendel barrel/bolt for the AK-47 platform?

I've seen all sorts of "prototypes" or "talks of making..." but nothing set in stone.

I've reached out to Evocatus Strategic, I am interested in what they say.
  • MasterChief
    Unwashed
    • May 2019

you could always buy the complete rifle

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

There is a guy selling 6.5 Grendel AK pattern barrels on the AK Files forum. The thread says he still has a couple left. These barrels are the only AK 6.5 Grendel barrels I’ve seen for sale.

Comment

• AP Smizzlers
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
        There is a guy selling 6.5 Grendel AK pattern barrels on the AK Files forum. The thread says he still has a couple left. These barrels are the only AK 6.5 Grendel barrels I’ve seen for sale.

https://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397600
        Groovy, thanks. I don't have an account over there, I guess I should decide if it's worth it.

Also, wouldn't I need a new bolt as well?

Comment

• Steamburn
          Warrior
          • Apr 2015

I just bought one from him (uao85). It looks and feels well made.
          Will be putting it together in the next months.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Everything I read is if you build a 6.5 Grendel on a AK or AKM all you need is a barrel and magazine as long as the AK bolt head spaces with 6.5 Grendel barrel.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

Check out https://evocatusstrategic.com/

These guys are actually building Grendel AKs and trying to get more of this going. Good luck.
              Last edited by Kswhitetails; 02-22-2020, 05:13 PM.
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• MeatAxe
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                Check out https://evocatusstrategic.com/

These guys are actually building Grendel AKs and trying to get more of this going. Good luck.
                Interesting...looks like they make some quality products (e.g.: 6.5 G barrels), including a 6.5 G 12" bbl pistol that won the 600 yard at Kalashnicon. They've also got a build class coming up soon (Tulsa area), so if you want to put together a 6.5 Grendel AK, that would be ta good place to start. I've thought about building a 6.5 G AK on a milled receiver...but first I guess I better dust off the Vepr 6.5 now that I've got some Csspec 30 rd mags...

Comment

• Jeff@Evocatus
                  Unwashed
                  • Jan 2020

We (Evocatus Strategic) will be at the Texas Kalashbash 2020 at the end of this month and will be building 2 of our 6.5 AKs on site with attendees participation as prizes for the event. One 12.5" pistol version and one 16" rifle version. Tricked out with custom Cerakote. Some of our 6.5s will be competing in the competition as well. If you near Eagle Lake, Tx you should come check it out.

We will also be at the Kalashni-con competition in Missouri the the last weekend of May. We will be hosting/running two of the stages. One will be a long range stage 500-700 yards to show where the 6.5 dominates over other AK calibers.

Comment

Working...
                  X