Comment

• Rocco_1995
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2019

Comment

• Lemonaid
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

A very interesting question is what results do the most expensive, accurate Grendels get with wolf? Also wolf in bolt actions?
        The results would give a probable upper maximum in accuracy you can expect with Wolf ammo.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Mid length gas for a 16 inch barrel.

If you can put it together yourself. Buy a Alexander arms barrel of all the rack grade barrels they will give you the best chance for better groups with the wolf ammo, when compared to other rack grade barrels.

As too BCA let's just say they don't make the bottom of the barrel list for my dollar.

I have a 16 inch grendel rifle I'm selling. Contact me vie PM, maybe we can make a deal on it.

Comment

• DL42
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2017

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

That's the problem in a nut shell with BCA. It may shoot 2 to 3 moa but the chances are better then 50/50 that it will probably shoot in the 6 are higher moa range.

Comment

• Wanderson
                Warrior
                • Oct 2018

Comment

• slappyhooper
                  Unwashed
                  • Dec 2019

I own a BCA heavy profile fluted mid-length gas barrel and it shoots right at 1 MOA with Hornady Black (5 rounds, 100 yards)

Wolf steel is between 2.5 and 4 inches. Generally 3-3.5" can be expected.

That being said, I went through 2 M4 profile Grendel barrels from BCA and they were like 12-13 MOA with Wolf Steel cased, and like 3 MOA at best with Hornady Black.
                  I sent those barrels back, but with the money I spent on ammo, I could have just bought a better barrel to start with.

THAT BEING SAID.
                  BCA's customer service is generally great, and they're quick to help you if you have a problem. Similarly, if you have a bad barrel, you don't even have to call them, you can print the return label right from their website and send it in. You'll have a replacement on your doorstep within 2 weeks.

I'm a gambler at heart, and I like testing cheap barrels, so what works for me might not work for you.

Comment

• FLshooter
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2019

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                    That's the problem in a nut shell with BCA. It may shoot 2 to 3 moa but the chances are better then 50/50 that it will probably shoot in the 6 are higher moa range.

Comment

• slappyhooper
                      Unwashed
                      • Dec 2019

I've run across more than one.

Most BCA barrels are 1.5 MOA barrels, with a few gems and a few stinkers to spice things up.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

I have seen several reports of 6moa and larger.

No stretch too it sir. It's what happens when you spend time researching products too test.

Comment

• 1Shot
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                          I have seen several reports of 6moa and larger.

No stretch too it sir. It's what happens when you spend time researching products too test.
                          I am one that had a BCA 20" stainless upper and to say it shot 6 MOA would have been a compliment. After wasting enough money on ammo and components of hand loads and gas to an from the range to have bought the best barrel made I sent it back and they replaced it and after around 70 round down the barrel it settled down and will shoot sub MOA with my hand loads.

As to shooting Wolf ammo in a BCA the paper work that came with mine told me NOT TO SHOOT Wolf ammo in it even though the 3 cases that they sent with the upper that was supposed to be the cases from the test rounds fired in the upper were Wolf. I am not sure but I believe the reason that they do not want you to shoot Wolf is because of the steel case that does not expand to seal nor grab onto the chamber walls like a brass case does and thus it has more thrust on the bolt and can stress and eventually break something.

I have not fired any Wolf 6.5 Grendel ammo. I have fired a truck load of 7.62x39 Wolf ammo and the only problem with it was those with the varnish on the cases would eventually gum up the chamber if you shoot until the chamber heated up to melt it off the cases. I used paint thinner to remove it from the chamber. It is also is not the most accurate ammo but for close range blasting ammo it works.
                          Last edited by 1Shot; 04-01-2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• DL42
                            Bloodstained
                            • Aug 2017

Comment

• VASCAR2
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X