Clear All
  • PMVT710
    Unwashed
    • May 2020

First build

• VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I have two Faxon Group Buy barrels from a couple years ago and the quality of the Green Mountain Group Buy barrels seem to be comparable. There are 12" and 16" GM barrels in production and should be available soon. The Coronavirus might have interferred with production.

The specifications on these new Group Buy barrels look really good. I bought a 12" GM Group Buy Barrel out of the last batch but haven't gotten it assembled. My first 6.5 Grendel was a 16" and I also have a 16" Faxon GB barrel. I was shooting my 16" Faxon GB AR-15 today and it is a sweet shooting AR-15.

With the Ballistics of the 16" 6.5 Grendel it makes a very versatile AR-15. If you hang around on this forum you'll eventually have several 6.5 Grendel firearms. If you want a Green Mountain 6.5 Grendel I suggest you get a barrel out of the next batch. Honestly if you decide you don't like the 16" length the Group Buy barrels sell really fast if you list it in the for sale section here on the forum.

Here is a link to the information on the Green Mountain barrels in production.

Gentlemen, Warriors, and Vile Unwashed Masses of the Grendel Horde, both MONSTER 12 and MONSTER 16 barrels are now in production concurrently. They both have our NEW 1:7.5 twist that helps better stabilize bullets from shorter barrels, particularly at longer ranges. Also, they will have a tighter-necked chamber that I call

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

Comment

• PMVT710
        Unwashed
        • May 2020

Definetly think Im going to pick away at all the other parts I need and wait for a group buy barrel preferably in 18" or 20" but will see as they come available. Now just have to choose all the other pieces....

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Comment

• Wethepeople
            Warrior
            • Jan 2020

Thanks Vascar2. I received an extra bolt release spring in my PSA lower kit. I must have someones takedown spring too. Lol

Comment

Working...
            X