• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joinordie76
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2020

KAW linear comp vs BRT covert comp

Looking to add a linear comp on my 65g hunting build.

Looking at these two right now but wondered if anybody has anything to say about either.

Figured a linear comp would be best for hunting and wouldn't blow my ear drums out if I didn't have time to throw on ears.

Go!
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

I run the Kaw Valley on 10" and 16" 300 Blackouts. They are noticeably quieter to me than my other AR-15s with hearing protection on. On the 10" I originally had a KAK Micro Flashcan. Looked really cool since it protruded from the handguard about 1/2", but was extremely loud. Switching to the Kaw made it noticeably quieter. I still wouldn't want to shoot them without hearing protection, but noise reduction in a self defence scenario is why i have them.
    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• DVDVC
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2020

Any one know how the Noveske Flaming Pig compares to the Kaw Valley? I have the Noveske on my 10.5 in. .300 BO and have been told by bystanders that it is very effective.

Comment

• Grendeltexashunter
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Joinordie76 View Post
        Looking to add a linear comp on my 65g hunting build.

Looking at these two right now but wondered if anybody has anything to say about either.

Figured a linear comp would be best for hunting and wouldn't blow my ear drums out if I didn't have time to throw on ears.

Go!
        i have only used the kaw valley linear comp on some of my hunting rifles and they work as intended.
        projected the sound forward and didn't hurt my ears too much.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Kaw valley on my 12.5 hunting pistol and its hearing safe. My friend who was walking in this morning less then 100 yards to my right said it didnt sound like a rifle shot when I shot me a doe this morning.

Comment

• MaxSpede
            Unwashed
            • Jul 2019

Kaw Valley on 300 BO 10.5" (2-1/2" magnum version), 10-1/2" 5.56 and Grendel 16".

Work as advertised. The 10.5" BO originally had the standard Kaw Valley but the larger one is even quieter. They also reduce the fireball at dusk.

I would have put the even longer magnum version on the 300 BO but they were backordered.

Only reason not to use one is if you still want to run a flash suppressor just because Joe Biden thinks it's scary.

Comment

Working...
            X