Clear All
  • Txdiver
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2021

Thoughts/advice on a new build

• BVickery1974
    Warrior
    • Jun 2021

When I looked for information, I was told of these 3 critical parts to the Grendel - Barrel, Bolt, Trigger.

That being said:

Barrel - PF 6.5mm Grendel 20" Polished $50 more, but well worth it from all I have read on the internet. This is the instock option, and I would ask them if they can match a bolt for you. \

Barrel Option 2 - Let them make you the barrel (looking at long wait time) and also fit the bolt for you and includes their carrier - $605

BCG - see above.

Trigger - I have the MBT-2 but availability may be an issue. If you can hold off til November, may be able to score a Geissele SSA-E for about $160

Buffer system - VLTOR A5 no questions. It is in essence taking a rifle length spring and using a bit longer tube. Really tones down recoil.

Charging Handle - I love my Radian Raptors or BCM Gunfighter.

I know Klem, A5Blaster will come in and pretty much echo what I said about Barrel, Bolt and Trigger. I followed them and I am in LOVE with my build.

Comment

• Lastrites
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

Barrel I would chose would come from Lilja, rebby on this site may be able to set up for one as he does "group buys pretty often".

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Comment

• Txdiver
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2021

Comment

• Mesa1978
            Warrior
            • May 2015

Just make sure of your torques and alignments and you will be fine, every bit as accurate as a factory gun, if not better.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

The fit between the barrel and upper receiver needs to be snug or tight. BCM upper receivers usually need the barrel frozen and the upper warm to get the barrel seated for a thermal fit. Using shimming material or Loctite can be used where the fit is not optimal. I have a Friend who will lap the face of the receiver to ensure it is square. With a quality barrel, good ammo and a properly installed barrel normally provide good results.

There have been forum members who have seen improved accuracy after ensuring the barrel was bedded and the barrel nut torqued properly. Every barrel is unique but generally quality barrels produce good accuracy with a wider variety of ammo. The proper, barrel chamber, gas port size, gas block, gas tube alignment, buffer and spring account for the reliability in cycling.

Comment

Working...
              X