Good barrel for slinging Wolf steel case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grendelshooter
    Warrior
    • Jun 2017

Good barrel for slinging Wolf steel case?

• biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

this advice is worth what you're paying for it as I have no firsthand experience. Aim Surplus has a Faxon 16" middy with gas block for under $190 right now. Nitrided. I should think you can get 2 or 3 MOA. Perhaps Faxon owners can chime in.

Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• shermanempire
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2020

My 18" Gunner barrel can do 1.5-2.5 moa. Most groups have been around 2 moa, and one group was .6 but I had a flyer (most likely) that opened it up to 1.5

Comment

• Grendelshooter
        Warrior
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
        this advice is worth what you're paying for it as I have no firsthand experience. Aim Surplus has a Faxon 16" middy with gas block for under $190 right now. Nitrided. I should think you can get 2 or 3 MOA. Perhaps Faxon owners can chime in.

https://aimsurplus.com/faxon-firearm...gunner-barrel/

Comment

• Grendelshooter
          Warrior
          • Jun 2017

Originally posted by shermanempire View Post
          My 18" Gunner barrel can do 1.5-2.5 moa. Most groups have been around 2 moa, and one group was .6 but I had a flyer (most likely) that opened it up to 1.5
          Was that with Wolf? Thanks.

Comment

• Gringoloco
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

Comment

• Grendelshooter
              Warrior
              • Jun 2017

Comment

• Lastrites
                Warrior
                • Apr 2017

Seems I've read many accounts of Alexander Arms barrels performing very well with the ruskie stuff, something to do with their traditional rifling used in the barrels.

Comment

• Fess
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2019

Many years ago, even before the steel case Grendel ammo was available, Bill Alexander mentioned that Russian ammo tended to work best from deep, straight walled "European" rifling. If I remember correctly, he gained experience with Russian ammo when he sold a 5.45x39 AR prior to the Grendel.

Comment

• tdbru
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2019

my lightweight upper has a faxon 20" Gunner profile 4150 Nitrided. with my tuned handloads and trying various bullets, i have found a varmint load that shoots 1MOA. Hornady American Gunner runs 2 MOA at best, or perhaps i should say "my best". Many of the load combinations i have tried so far run 1.5 to 2.5 MOA. my worst days at the range run 2.5 MOA. fwiw.
                    -tdbru

Comment

Working...
                    X