• 603 Country
    Warrior
    • Apr 2022

Bullet trajectory - different weight bullets

Last edited by 603 Country; 05-30-2022, 10:43 PM. Reason: Correction
  • TedBrewer5
    Warrior
    • Dec 2019

If I were you I would shoot both those loads at 100,200 and 300 and see where they group. If you testing backs up what the app said they you will be good to go for one turret for both. If not, extra turrets are not much through the custom shop
    I have two bullet weights that group similar at hunting distances so no need for scope adjustment.

Comment

• Dub
      Bloodstained
      • May 2022

Recently bought a V5HD 3-15x44mm with FireDot Duplex. It is going on a .270. I plan on having two loads for it and will be getting two of the turret caps.

Once my loads are dialed in I'll chronograph them while shooting during different ambient temps. Will also confirm point of impact at 100yd, 200yd, 300yd and further if possible. Then I'll compare with their data before ordering the turret caps.

Comment

• grendelnubi
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

This is what I would suggest.

Go to www.shooterscalculator.com and put your projectile details in.

You can then graph each projectile and or download the data and graph it yourself. Attached is an example of how I determined my 120 Nosler BT and 129 Nosler ABLR projectiles had very similar trajectory up to a certain range. Note: The mill-radians chart is in clicks what is .1 mill. Notice there is only .1 mill or one click difference between them at 300 yards. The other chart is in inches

Then what you can do is fine tune the trajectory by altering the load to adjust the velocity. Also you can determine what near zero and far zero works best.

Here is one I setup for me.

Calculates the ballistic trajectory of a bullet fired from a rifle, handgun or other firearm. Produces a ballistic trajectory chart and table that shows the drop, velocity, kinetic energy, windage, and trajectory of a bullet.
        Attached Files

Comment

• 603 Country
          Warrior
          • Apr 2022

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

603:

To your hunting distances of 300 yards, trajectories are all very close to each other, no matter the cartridge or bullet. You are right that POI may change but trajectories will be within a few inches of each other. I would bet that POI will be pretty close but would surely find out before depending on it.

What this means is that buying a aftermarket BDC is not necessary if your range is within 300.

At 400 you will see a difference and it will probably mean something. At 500 I am sure you will see a difference and it will mean something. Past that and the differences become huge.

LR-55

Comment

• 603 Country
              Warrior
              • Apr 2022

Comment

• TedBrewer5
                Warrior
                • Dec 2019

Comment

• 603 Country
                  Warrior