Clear All
  • CJW
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Need to buy a new trigger today.

• dexdog
    Unwashed
    • May 2021

I have 2 of these, great triggers, especially for $99.

Comment

• Spadrooner
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2021

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

timney 2.5 lb drop in. I also like those trigger pin sets that screw in from both sides, ensures they don't slide out on you. I had that happen once or twice (don't remember the trigger but it was a drop in), but they definitely improve the trigger area imo.
        Rise and CMC also have triggers, but the timney costs a bit more than they do, not a bunch but a bit more.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• 603 Country
          Warrior
          • Apr 2022

I have a LaRue 2 stage in one rifle and a Geiselle single stage in the other. Both good triggers, but I lean toward the LaRue after having used both for a while.

Comment

• Zeneffect
            Chieftain
            • May 2020

Timney calvin elite 1.5lb

Comment

• CJW
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2019

Comment

• CJW
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2019

I should have said Drop In Trigger, not trigger, and did not mean to sound like a pompous a$$ in this post.

Just ordered a Timney.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2020

Which one? Anyone not used to the calvin elite and has poor trigger control will very easily double fire accidentally. Just be very aware of that if you get this and let someone try it.
                  Last edited by Zeneffect; 05-31-2022, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

Chuck great to hear from ya. Yeah I get fishing adv stuff every now and then, did some when I as a kid, mostly catfish and bluegills in the river close to our house.
                    Idaho was fishing heaven to be sure, couple of years there!!! Lots of trout, creeks, streams, ponds and lakes, bait fishing for me as I don't have the fly fishing gene hahaha!!!

Glad to hear you got thru the "plandemic". I had a bout with the big C about 10-12 yrs ago. Took the norman schwartzkopf approach in my mind (and surgery too)... I will hunt this thing down, I will find it and I will kill it.
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Two Tone
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2022

Only AR trigger I've installed myself was a Rock River Arms "National Match" trigger. I did it without a magazine block.....I clamped the lower to a table with a "C-clamp" and installed it that way. Friend borrowed the rifle and used it in competition for a year and then a year with it as an instructor.

Comment

• CJW
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2019

Last edited by CJW; 05-31-2022, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Dub
                          Bloodstained
                          • May 2022

Originally posted by CJW View Post
                          I should have said Drop In Trigger, not trigger, and did not mean to sound like a pompous a$$ in this post.

Just ordered a Timney.

I thought your post was funny.

It's a sad state of affairs with the decline of my own 401K's value.

I was hoping to retire at 59 1/2. It appears I'm further away than I wanted to be now.

In the meantime, there will lots of fun had at the range and not gonna worry over what I can't control.

I read your opening post and was wondering what your plan was for the gun. I have some Geissele triggers in a couple lw16" carbines and love how they run.

Also installing a Trigger Tech in an AR-10 that I'm setting up for longer range fun.

Not sure what I'll do with the Grendel when it arrives. Will evaluate the factory trigger and see how it goes. Setting the gun up for mid range target fun.

Can't go wrong with Timney on any of their triggers. Awesome products from a stellar company.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                            Chieftain
                            • May 2020

if you got the calvin, do yourself a favor and go straight for the knurled straight trigger. its incredibly good and fast enough when paired with a titanium firing pin that if you bork the shot, its never by very much.

Comment

• DHD
                              Bloodstained
                              • May 2022

I've switched to Triggertech Adaptable for all of my toys. It makes it easy when they all feel the same. The Diamond will get down to 1.5 lbs supposedly but 2.5 lbs and crisp is good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X