X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Lookin' good. Am also gonna put a Dead Air Sandman-S (assuming that's what it is) on my 12", so am very interested in how it works.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• heartburn
      Unwashed
      • May 2018

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
      Lookin' good. Am also gonna put a Dead Air Sandman-S (assuming that's what it is) on my 12", so am very interested in how it works.
      Thanks BFT, barrel seems nice from initial inspection, went together without any fuss. Will be picking up a bolt from 65outfitters soon based on the reviews here. Thanks for your support of the 6.5 Grendel community.
      Yes, DA Sandman S. I will report back as soon as I've gotten to the range.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BlogSarge
          Warrior
          • Nov 2018

Comment

• heartburn
            Unwashed
            • May 2018

The Bootleg Inc BCG may be the direction I go. I want to see how this block will work and if the use of it is sustainable for this rifle. Primary use will be suppressed so hoping to not have to do a lot of back and forth adjustment. I have also looked as some other adjustable blocks that would be accessible with this rail. I have never used one of the SLR rails and didn't do enough research on carbine length adjustable gas block use to know to go a different direction. I have learned my lesson with this and won't make the same mistake again. Either way, thanks for the feedback and a simple possible resolution to what seems to be my first real issue with this rifle.

Comment

• heartburn
              Unwashed
              • May 2018

First range visit went pretty well, function check went well, everything worked as it should and as expected. I don't really have any accuracy updates as I was just trying to get scope zero'd and make sure everything functioned. The bootleg Inc BCG worked great, everything ran great suppressed. Rifle is comfortable to shoot, and easy to handle. Will continue to update as I get more range time and hopefully some accuracy reports next time. Also received reloading dies so hopefully get some handloads together and start doing some load testing. Thanks for the suggestions and the help with making the barrel choice, I feel confident that the direction was the right way to go and will end up with a great reliable hunting rifle.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BlogSarge
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2018

Thanks LRRP, I might have to pick one up and give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                  X