• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rasputin
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2022

when selling how do you all ship?

What have you all learned is the easiest way to ship parts and ammo that dont require an FFL? I sold an 18" upper and some ammo and am getting a little confused about exactly what UPS and fedex allow and at what locations. Can ammo and non ffl parts be shipped together?
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

Upper is the same as shipping a cinder block, or some tools. No restrictions.

Ammo, find a hazmat

Or pre-print a label and keep your mouth shut.

Comment

• ported45
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

I'm lucky as I have a UPS hub within a mile. I've shipped entire rifles back for warranty work and ammo to a friend (both more than 5 years ago). But I didn't have any issues. Only thing needed for the ammo was the ORM-D labels, but that has changed since then as well.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

UPS is getting a bit sticky on some gun parts, that being said when they ask you what you're shipping, best thing is something like "steel parts", or "pipe", both technically correct. I had a desk clerk at one shipping place almost freak out when I said rifle barrel, you need to understand they don't have a lot of understanding -- so a supervisor came over and determined it was just "pipe."

Ammo needs a special label, ORM-D if I recall,

Some UPS places will not ship a rifle, other, bigger UPS outfits will. Same thing with Fedex, I had to go up to a fedex ~15 mi away to ship a rifle to an ffl, the local little fedex place couldn't handle it for me.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
        X