6.5 Grendel Barrels

• Eye_guy
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2020

Comment

• Jasonmfng
      Unwashed
      • Oct 2022

I put on a new ballistic advantage barrel this week, and shot a .33 moa three shot group and a .86 moa 20 shot group with no cooldown between shots. Both at 100 yards with factory nosler aaccubond 129gr. It's the 18" but as good as this barrel is I'm sure the 12" would be great as well.

Comment

• BlogSarge
        Warrior
        • Nov 2018

Odin Works is another good bet.

Comment

• tibis3383
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2018

I have jumped into the Rainier Arms ULtra Match barrels in any length and they are outstanding. They carry a 12", 16" and 18" that are fluted and very accurate.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Last edited by LRRPF52; 11-09-2022, 04:27 PM.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Bonas
              Warrior
              • Mar 2022

It would help to know your budget and what you want to do with it.

One thing to keep in mind is that ammo is $1.00 a round or so. Many lower-priced barrels take 200 rounds or so to start shooting their best and will only shoot a few loads well. You also run a much higher risk of getting a barrel that doesn't shoot well at all. Top-quality barrels will usually shoot their best right away and will shoot more loads well. You're nearly assured of getting a barrel that shoots well. When you factor that in, the $500 barrel might cost you less than the $200 barrel. Cheap barrels are often a false economy.

I had Compass Lake Engineering make a Douglas-blanked barrel a while back. I'm impressed with it, and they delivered it right on time.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Six Sigma Arms, custom AR-15 carbines and rifles.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 11-10-2022, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Saint85
                  Unwashed
                  • Nov 2020

I have the sixsigmaarms monster 16" barrel, proof research 20" s.s. barrel and 12.5" ballistic advantage Hansen barrel. All are sub moa with different loads. The proof research has a short throat though so in my opinion can't go wrong for the price with the six sigma barrels. It's the one I grab the most heading out to the field by far.

Comment

Working...
                  X