6.5 Grendel Muzzle Brake (What is the best?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cagray07
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2022

6.5 Grendel Muzzle Brake (What is the best?)

Who makes the best muzzle brake? I'm wanting to make my Grendel as comfortable to shoot for my daughter as possible. She doesn't complain about recoil and I want to make it as sweet as a shooter as possible.
  • pinetreebbs
    Warrior
    • Nov 2013

My favorite is the Jet Blast Muzzle Brake from Patriot Valley Arms. It's effective in reducing recoil and does not emit that concussive smack to people nearby, just a blast of air that is not bad at all.

Comment

• jasper2408
      Warrior
      • Jan 2019

VG6 is hard to beat. I have the Epsilon on my 5.56 upper and a Gamma on the 223 Wylde upper.

I use the Lambda on my 6.5 Grendel upper, Howa chassis, and Ruger RPR so that I can take it off to clean in my sonic.

You can find better prices at other places than the VG6 page. I think I saw them on sale somewhere else for $45.00 just a couple of weeks ago.

I also used the Accu-Washer shims to time the Epsilon and Gamma. Don't need any shims on the Lambda.

Precision Armament Accu-Washer® System: Ensures perfect muzzle device alignment with easy installation. Enhances accuracy and safety.
      Last edited by jasper2408; 12-09-2022, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Bigs28
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2016

The best muzzle break is the one a suppressor attaches to.

Comment

• TapRackBang
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2022

Originally posted by jasper2408 View Post
          VG6 is hard to beat. I have the Epsilon on my 5.56 upper and a Gamma on the 223 Wylde upper.

I use the Lambda on my 6.5 Grendel upper, Howa chassis, and Ruger RPR so that I can take it off to clean in my sonic.

You can find better prices at other places than the VG6 page. I think I saw them on sale somewhere else for $45.00 just a couple of weeks ago.

I also used the Accu-Washer shims to time the Epsilon and Gamma. Don't need any shims on the Lambda.

https://precisionarmament.com/muzzle...washer-system/

How's the blast on the Lambda? I have a VG6 Gamma 556 EX on my 14.5" upper and it's downright oppressive.

Comment

• tlen
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2019

Why not try an adjustable gas block ?

Comment

• jasper2408
              Warrior
              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by TapRackBang View Post
              How's the blast on the Lambda? I have a VG6 Gamma 556 EX on my 14.5" upper and it's downright oppressive.
              The Lambda probably has more side blast being a 4 port compared to the 2 port Gamma. Just guessing though.

They are all oppressive aren't they?

Comment

• Zeneffect
                Chieftain
                • May 2020

i recall the epsilon on my 16" .223 being far more annoying from the side than lambda on my grendel. as the shooter, they are all great though honestly i cant tell what difference it makes if any at all... its not like .223/5.56 or 6.5 grendel are heavy recoil to begin with. im sure it can be measured, but i cant feel the difference between brake on or off. my rifles are heavy though, so something about old folks and having strokes or something... however that saying goes. I do like the lambda for the fact i can just hand tighten it on and off, and the blasted bead finish is easy to maintain (no ultrasonic here, i chuck it in like i was wet tumbling brass using steel chips, comes out mint and looks like the bead blasted finish mostly... maybe a little shinier)
                Last edited by Zeneffect; 12-09-2022, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• lazyengineer
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2019

Of the one's I've looked at:

V6G Gamma .300 BO version (works fine for 6.5G) is the smallest and highly effective. It's the same size as an A2 FH. However, it's muzzle blast is pretty stout, as is the noise.

So my favorite overall is the Bravo Company Gunfighter GunFighter line , which works very good as a break, but also mitigates the noise and blast better than most. Just get the 7.62 sized versions, they work fine. I have the Mod 1, but the newer Mod 3 looks interesting too.

Just my opinion - you will get many!
                  4x P100

Comment

• TapRackBang
                    Unwashed
                    • Nov 2022

The Lambda probably has more side blast being a 4 port compared to the 2 port Gamma. Just guessing though.

They are all oppressive aren't they?
                    Perhaps it has less due to 4 ports allowing air out at a lower pressure? Completely talking out of my ass.

With 5.56/.223, in particular, I've come to prefer a flash hider over any brake. The blast is just too much for the marginal reward.

I have 2 rifle projects in the works. One is a Grendel while the other is a Creedmoor. Admittedly, I'm a huge SLR Rifleworks fanboy. However, I bought this for my Creedmoor project and may end up doing the same for the Grendel. While I've not used it myself yet, the overwhelming sentiment is that the blast is very low while performance is fairly high. It's not perfect and will probably kick up dust when prone, but I thought I'd share to further potential options for readers.

SLR Rifleworks, AR15, AK47, 9mm, Gas Blocks, Hand Guard, AR10, GLOCK, 9mm

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

The best brakes are the ones that do their job without causing uncomfortable muzzle blast and concussion to the shooter.

The LaRue brake (Dead Air is really similar) and Q Cherry Bomb so far seem to fit that bill. Barrel length has a big effect on this.

If you shoot 90-100gr, the Grendel barely recoils much at all.
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• ErikS
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2017

I use a VG6 on my hunting rifle. You can easily see the impact of the bullet on the deer. It is amazingly flat, but I also HAVE to have electronic muffs on to shoot it.
                        #shareyourspare

Comment

• Mrmaggot
                          Unwashed
                          • Dec 2022

VG6 is hard to beat.
                          Did you notice on their site all the 6.5 size stuff is gone, discontinued, and sold out?

Comment

• lazyengineer
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Mrmaggot View Post
                            Did you notice on their site all the 6.5 size stuff is gone, discontinued, and sold out?
                            Try the .300 BO version. I like the small size and it works fine.
                            4x P100

Comment

• jasper2408
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Mrmaggot View Post
                              I did notice that after I posted. It is only the 6.5 stuff too. Don't know what's up.

I found the Epsilon and the Lambda on this site, just search under "Brands" at the top, but the black Gamma was out, they do have the bead blasted Gamma version. I have ordered from this place with no problems.

Firearms, Parts and Accessories.

Found the black Gamma here. Never bought from this place though but it looks like they take Visa, Mastercard, and Paypal.

Gear & Clothing for every outdoor adventure. Find the best products at the best prices with our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Comment

Working...
                              X