• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • armyeod1952
    Unwashed
    • May 2023

Grendel Hunter Performance

Not really new here, but did register with new email and name.

Did my first 500 yard range work a few days ago. I have a 16 inch Grendel Hunter upper with a BCM lower and Geissele trigger. I mounted a 2-12 US Optics scope. Dialed in a 100 yard zero at my indoor range.
    Went to a nice outdoor range where I can shoot out to over 500 yards. Steel targets; torso size. I easily hit 500 yards over and over using just Wolf steel case 100 grain ammo. That ammo is impressive for what it is.
    Ends up my hold at 500 is 4 mils. I can either dial or use the reticle as it is a FFP with mil reticle.
    I am impressed with this thing.
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Sounds like you got a good shooter. Well done.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• rickt300
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

I'm impressed with your results with Wolf steel cased ammo.

Comment

• armyeod1952
        Unwashed
        • May 2023

It is funny that I am getting this performance from the Wolf. I don't see much or any better accuracy from the Hornady Black using the match bullets. Also interesting is that the gun runs extremely clean with the Wolf.

Comment

• eggman918
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2023

My first foray into the world of the AR was a 20" SS AR-Stoner upper I acquired during the initial covid disruptions, I built my own lower with mid-level parts so nothing fancy.
          It has been very reliable and after a couple of hundred rounds has settled down and become a 1MOA gun when I do my part, it shoots the Wolf as well or better than the Hornady Black.
          I have a range near the house that goes to 200 and that is where it's sighted, this introduction to the 6.5 Grendel prompted me to dive in head first and build something a bit "higher end".
          My "good" rifle does not dislike the Wolf and groups it about the same as the budget rifle does but when using the Black or the 120gr SMK loads that a local shop loads for me it just SHINES
          and makes me look like I can really shoot, last week I went to another spot where I have some distance and shot 2 5 round groups at what I estimated with the reticle to be 550 yards and all 10 were on the 24x24 board and 3 were in the 14" black rings. This was the first time I have ever shot beyond 200 yards so I was pleased. The "good" upper cost 2x what the first one did and it shows, the budget lower does not seem to gain anything from better ammo. In hindsight I believe I got what I paid for with both uppers and it seems that in my good Grendel I have a rifle that is every bit as good or better shooter than I am a shot so I hit the sweet spot and have the coin left over to go out and shoot them.

Comment

Working...
          X