• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickt300
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

6ARC magazines for Grendel

Just ordered 4 15 round AR Stoner mags from Midway. Will report if they work for both the 6AR and the Grendel. They didn't have any other 15 round magazines in stock that I thought would work. Good price too.
  • rickt300
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Verdict is in, the only difference between the magazines is the color of the follower. Function with Grendel ammo is perfect and I imagine when I get around to it the magazines will work just fine with the 6mm Grendel also.

Comment

• Bob R
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2023

I just bought a couple AR/Stoner 10 Round Magazines for the 6.5 Grendel, "BLUE Follower". They are ASC Magazines. They are a very good looking Steel Magazine. No Test, waiting on my barrel.

Bob R

Comment

• v4lu3s
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2023

I use ASC or duramag. I have several in 30 rounds that I purchased from primary arms but I am using 762x39 10 round mags most of the time since I'm either hunting or shooting off a bench

Comment

• Steve_evetS
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2023

Originally posted by v4lu3s View Post
          I use ASC or duramag. I have several in 30 rounds that I purchased from primary arms but I am using 762x39 10 round mags most of the time since I'm either hunting or shooting off a bench
          Do the 7.62x39 magsa werk for grendel?

Comment

• DIANEB
            Warrior
            • Oct 2020

6.8 SPC magazines work too...
            The followers are identical except 6.5 Grendel are and 6.8 SPC are gray...

Comment

• Bob R
              Bloodstained
              • Oct 2023

My 6.5 Grendel is not together yet, However my 22 ARC is. I braved the cold and took it to the Range for sight in yesterday. The 10 Round AR Stoner "Blue Follower" ASC (Ammunition Storage System) Magazine ran perfectly. I ran it loaded with One Round, Two Rounds, and Four Rounds. It ran flawlessly. I am very impressed with the quality of build.

Bob R

Comment

• v4lu3s
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Steve_evetS View Post
                Do the 7.62x39 magsa werk for grendel?
                I cannot tell them apart from the 6.5 Grendel ASC ones except for the follower color. Ironically I just had a mishap at the range with 5 rounds loaded, 4 shots fired and the last did not feed. I assumed that the follower was stuck due to excess carbon from shooting suppressed all the time. Turned out the spring broke into 4 pieces, Primary Arms contacted me to replace it rather than waiting for ASC. I have NOT tried anything more than the 10 round mags though, but I am also currently using a Duramag 10 round 7.62x39 magazine that I bought from my range the day the other mag broke.

Comment

Working...
                X