Clear All
  • NightStalker
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

Go to gun

• rickt300
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Resupply is going to be tough no matter what if chaos breaks out. You think the gunshops or Walmart are going to be open? Build your ammo supply now. If you are planning on running for it all you are going to do is provide target practice for those who stayed put.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Zeneffect
        Chieftain
        • May 2020

5.56 16" ar15. Does everything i have tasked it to do with ease and flawless function. Anything needs killing for defense or meat on the table, it will do the job and not miss a step. 5.56 is just about everywhere. You can't go 100 yards in this country without someone having a box (even in california) making resupply easier. 9mm on the hip, 5.56 on my sling.

Comment

• Rosecrans1
          Warrior
          • Feb 2019

If I were defending the homestead, I may carry my Grendel in AR form BUT..........most likely, I would shoot my Mini 14 in 223 or my Ruger PC carbine. Both have deminstrated their ability to feed anything I put in a mag and hit where I want them to. Both use the most available ammo in North America. (forgot to state that I lost both these guns in a terrible boating accident).
          I would only shoot the Grendel if my targets are farther out than 100 yds. Regardless, farther than 50 FEET is an invitation to lawsuits unless the SHTF scenario arises. The Grendel is most likely an "also-ran" caliber like so many introduced since the begining of the new century. It has it's unique purposes but it's not mainstream. I love it for varminting and long distance target/plate shooting but as a defensive caliber.................nope!

Comment

• NightStalker
            Warrior
            • Nov 2018

Comment

• MachV
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2018

Go to what?
              The two Grendels are my goto prairie dog, rockchuck,coyote and antelope units.
              The 300 blackout is fun with subs as its very stealthy with the can.
              The 450 Bushmaster will handle anything from ground sqirrels to elk in its given range, makes a great dark timber elk unit!
              The 223/556 may get the call if shtf but only after the grendels are empty, with 1k on hand that aint gonna be soon!
              In all honesty I still shoot more 223 than the others combined but only because its cheaper to blast and practice with.

Comment

• GREYBUFF
                Warrior
                • Nov 2018

Grendel and .223! I reload and have enough loaded and supplies on hand to last longer than most would want to if SHTF.
                I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• NightStalker
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2018

Comment

• drewthebrave
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2016

For me, it's still 5.56/.223 for my go go-to. Hunting in CA limits me to non-lead ammo - and that's hard to come by in the Grendel. I'll eventually get into reloading, but as a new dad with a second baby on the way, I don't have time to get into reloading. For now, I'm stocking up on factory loaded ammo with the Barnes TSX 62gr and 70gr bullets for hunting & general purpose use.

The "go-to" build is a SanTan Ambi receiver set with 14.7" 5.56 Wilson Combat SR profile barrel. On top is a 3-9x VX-R Patrol with piggybacked Holosun 507c. I've considered swapping to my Viper PST II 1-6x, but it's actually heavier than the Leupy + Holosun combo...

I'll eventually build an identical 14.5" rig chambered in 6.5 Grendel or 6mm ARC when factory lead-free ammo availability improves. But for now, I'm comfortable having a factory load (Vor-TX 62gr Barnes) that performs well in everything from my 7.5" to my 18".

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• jonny rotton
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2015

its pathetic but i am still trying to figure out what my go to is. in grendel its one of my 12" mcgowan barreled customs. i have a couple lightweight 308 pof rogues. 5.56 i like the geiselle 11.5" super dutys and i really like the bcm cold hammer forges 14.5 mlgs. i have enough ammo for each. i have been trying to whittle down my choices.

Comment

• biodsl
                          Chieftain
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by jonny rotton View Post
                          its pathetic but i am still trying to figure out what my go to is. in grendel its one of my 12" mcgowan barreled customs. i have a couple lightweight 308 pof rogues. 5.56 i like the geiselle 11.5" super dutys and i really like the bcm cold hammer forges 14.5 mlgs. i have enough ammo for each. i have been trying to whittle down my choices.
                          You're a good American, Jonny!
                          Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                            Chieftain
                            • Sep 2013

Grendel is my caliber of choice for most everything rifle-ish. However, I have a pretty good .223/5.56 collection. I was heavily into .223/5.56 before getting into Grendel and so have plenty on hand as I don't shoot it much any more.
                            Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                            My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• trubulator
                              Warrior
                              • Aug 2022

I live in the burbs. If I have to repel invaders into my 4 walls, it is going to be a 12 gauge loaded with buckshot. Shot lots and lots of critters with shotshells and seen what it will do, plus I don't have to worry about accidentally killing someone in the next zip code.

Comment

Working...
                              X