• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickt300
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Pump action AR?

Thread a rod into the gas key and make a simple guided forend attached to the other end of the rod and there you have it. Might be nice to use a softer return spring. Seems pretty simple.
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

Read: FIRST LOOK - Troy Pump Action Rifle from Ryan Houtekamer on February 28, 2017 for Recoil.

Comment

• rickt300
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

Well not the concept I had in mind. Expensive too.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

A good machinist might be able to make such an upper...
        Why not talk to hokeypokeykid... might get him interested.
        The Kalikey guys invented a way to do a manual cycle from the rear, modified the gas key and a huge charging handle... it's kind of hard to get started, must be the inertia and twist needed to get it moving. but it does work.

I'd like to see something like the BLR lever action adapted into the AR...
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• imaguy3
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

When I read lines like this, in the article.. it makes me really question the author.

"The .308 Win model doesn't appear to have a fluted barrel as the 5.56mm does, meaning brass is reloadable. Speaking of brass, the official production description advises it will only fire brass ammo, but in our experience it digested nickel plated ammo without issue."

Comment

• ported45
            Warrior
            • Feb 2018

Originally posted by imaguy3 View Post
            When I read lines like this, in the article.. it makes me really question the author.

"The .308 Win model doesn't appear to have a fluted barrel as the 5.56mm does, meaning brass is reloadable. Speaking of brass, the official production description advises it will only fire brass ammo, but in our experience it digested nickel plated ammo without issue."
            That oozes "I don't really know what I'm talking about".

Comment

• grayfox
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2017

Boyz yore seein' the first indicashuns of AI in articles "written"...
              yeah I saw that too, made me wonder who the heck writes like that???
              "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Zeneffect
                Chieftain
                • May 2020

Maybe... but that's an old article before AI really started to explode. I think we have a dumb human instead. My point wasn't to read the article, just to look at the pictures. I didn't read it because I think it's about as useful as a muzzle loading ar15 (which imma get anyways)

Comment

• CarpNY
                  Unwashed
                  • Sep 2023

Originally posted by imaguy3 View Post

If you're referring to the "fluted barrel" part, the author actually means that the chamber isn't fluted like the .223 version. This is what the factory .223 barrel gives you:

Troy-PAR-262-400x266.jpg

Comment

• imaguy3
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2018

Originally posted by CarpNY View Post
                    If you're referring to the "fluted barrel" part, the author actually means that the chamber isn't fluted like the .223 version. This is what the factory .223 barrel gives you:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19927[/ATTACH]
                    Maybe.. but that cycles back to "knowing what they're talking about". Fluted chamber and fluted barrel are drastically different things.

Comment

• imaguy3
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2018

Still doesn't explain the "brass ammo vs nickel plated" comment.... The manufacturer was ensuring no steel case. Nickel plated brass is brass.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                        Chieftain
                        • May 2020

Ok this explains a lot

Dude is a Canadian. Let's leave it at that, he gets the dunce pass from me. Just look at pictures and move on. He could probably tell you all about maple syrup and hockey but beyond that not much going on upstairs.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
                          Ok this explains a lot

Dude is a Canadian. Let's leave it at that, he gets the dunce pass from me. Just look at pictures and move on. He could probably tell you all about maple syrup and hockey but beyond that not much going on upstairs.
                          Sounds like an honest mistake. The guy has a lot of experience in the technical fields relevant to this and much more-advanced disciplines.

Aircraft Structures
                          Artillery (lots of math)

A pump action AR-15 might be of interest to Canadians who have had their firearms ownership privileges eroded by literal communists in their government, especially under Trudeau.
                          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Zeneffect
                            Chieftain
                            • May 2020

I meant it as a jab towards Canadians which I find make these mistakes quite often in my experience. They get the concepts but can't convey them in words effectively unless it's those 2 before mentioned things. The 1st will get some sort of defense about Canada, and the other is hockey.

If I were a Canadian, a k31 would be at the near top of my list.
                            Last edited by Zeneffect; 09-09-2023, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Oryx
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jan 2021

In all of my years of reloading, I never considered this.... from the article:

"The .308 Win model doesn't appear to have a fluted barrel as the 5.56mm does, meaning brass is reloadable."

Who knew.

Edit: just made my way down the thread and saw the similar comments.... apologies for the repost
                              Last edited by Oryx; 09-13-2023, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X