• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GREYBUFF
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

Clay Pigeon Queen

Several weeks ago I took my Grendel out to sight it in for an up-coming desert mule deer hunt. Zeroed with no problem at 100 yards.
    Yesterday Sam and I went shooting and she shot the Grendel for the first time. We set up clay pigeons at various distances from about 75 yards to well past 200 going slightly uphill. I purposely did not range any of the targets so she could get used to taking shots by instinct if she needed to. After the first couple of shots she was drilling everything that she shot at and the clay was flying everywhere. We than found a steel target at approximately 600 yards and that proved to be no problem for her either. Seems like my reloads are working quite well.
    She's hoping to find one of the two mountain lions we watched last year on an archery javelina hunt (I told her the odds are against her) but she's hopeful.
    Now if I can just get me a deer for my 70th birthday. The season starts the day after.
    I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

One of my favorite things to do when I go shooting is to throw a clay pigeon on the back stop of my range and try to make a first round hit. The backstop is around 340 yards, give or take depending on the lane I'm shooting from. It's known distance, but its a great feeling to see clay fly when you make that first, cold bore shot of the day. Congratulations to Sam. Sounds like she's a deadeye.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• dsmless
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2018

Best of luck on Sams hunt an I hope you do pelt that lion or even a couple coyotes while your at it.

Comment

Working...
      X