Need reliable FFL dealer to order AR15 stripped lower in Memphis, Tenn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jawbone
    Warrior
    • Jan 2012

Need reliable FFL dealer to order AR15 stripped lower in Memphis, Tenn.

I carried an M16 almost every minute of every day for two tours as a Marine in Vietnam. It was a life-taker and life-saver that I loved when it worked, and despised when it didn't. I was finally glad to finally get rid of it, and the emotional baggage that went with it as far away from me as possible when I was discharged. I tried very hard to never look back. After not being able to handle a rifle for 10 years afterwards, my favorite cousin, may he rest in peace, got me restarted paper punching, then eventually one-shot whitetail hunting. i've shot and hand-loaded Remy 700 7-08 bulls and 6mm Remy 700's from then on, and have truly loved every minute of it.

However, when Bill Alexander gave birth to the 6.5 Grendel (a brilliant and beautiful cartridge which has been a fascinating development and priviledge to watch), I knew that the Grendel was the weapon that I always thought the M16 should be. Because of my history with it's predecessor, it is the top of my bucket list to finally own what I knew that weapon could be. With that history, I intend to experience and enjoy it while I still can. I'm old and doing the best with my decrepitude, and very much understand that my shooting days are numbered. I recognize the importance of the effective shooting days that may be left to me, and hope to not waste any more than I have to.

I've been lurking and learning, cutting and pasting, on this site for a fairly long time, and am now ready and anxious to build my Grendel. I realize that I'm looking at an indeterminable wait for an AA upper, but would like to get started building my lower while i wait.

Anybody know of a reliable and somewhat inexpensive Memphis FFL dealer who will let me order a stripped AR 15 lower? Aside from the irritated responses that I get for not buying a complete package from them, the cheapest price I've gotten so far from local FFL dealers willing to accept a third-party order is $75 for the handling and background check. Is this the norm? Are there better options?

Thanks in advance. God Bless our troops and LEO's in harm's way.

jawbone
  • MrDraco
    Warrior
    • Jul 2011

Holy crap $75! The dealers around me charge $20 to do the paperwork if I order anything online and have it shipped to them.

Comment

• kbarnes12
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

I used the link below to find 5 Tenn. FFL dealers who do transfers for $25 - $35 that are within 25 miles of 38105.

sigpic
      Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.

Comment

$75 is ridiculous! I know they got to make their money but thats just wrong. Places around here are about $20-$25 for used guns and $25-$35 for new guns. You can typically just order a lower through your local shop so your not have to pay the fee. Either way, I'd find another place to shop.

Comment

• jawbone
          Warrior
          • Jan 2012

Many thanks, kbarnes. looks like there's one within 10 miles for $30. Perfect. Thank you, sir.

Comment

• kbarnes12
            Warrior
            • Nov 2011

Glad I could be of help.
            sigpic
            Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.

Comment

• Ego Eram Socius

I suggest that you look at Mega Machine works Matched billet uppers and lowers. http://www.megamachineshop.com/

The dealer in TN follows: CUSTOM DEFENSE LLC | 308 SOUTH WATER AVE | GALLATIN, TN 37066 | 615-506-1484 or 615-206-0075 | kandros@comcast.net | www.kandroscustoms.com

Comment

Working...
              X