Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2ndAmendment

AA Barrel Info?

Does anyone know what AA's new profile is? I just ordered one (20") last week and my order confirmation states that it's a SPR profile. Also, does the gas block area have dimples for aligning the gas port?

Thanks,

Marty
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Marty,

The new profiles are so new that none of us have seen them yet! I'm hoping that Bill Alexander will see this, and post pictures and some information on each, now that the NRA show rush is over!

Comment

• kbarnes12
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

I also ordered the 20" barrel last week. Will be interesting to see how long it takes for it to arrive.
      sigpic
      Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.

Comment

I ordered an 18 inch last week. I called in my order and they didn't mention anything about a new profile?

Comment

• rickOshay
          Warrior
          • Apr 2012

I passed up a 24" upper today at a local gun store. The bolt and barrel were AA , but the carrier and rest of receiver were not

They wanted $999.99 for it.

Comment

• chevycarcrazy

Yep- I ordered an 18 mid length 2 weeks ago. Should be another 4 weeks before I get it AA said! Noticed the twist was a little faster (7.5-1) than the earlier barrels as well.

Comment

• Joseytheoutlawwales

Just a quick question, how are you placing the current orders for the AA barrels?
              I've ordered barrel n bolt combos from them before, as well as lowers and other goods.

I can't seem to find the barrels on their site anymore. thoughts??

Comment

• kbarnes12
                Warrior
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Joseytheoutlawwales View Post
                I can't seem to find the barrels on their site anymore. thoughts??
                It appears that they have been removed.
                sigpic
                Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.

Comment

• wheelguner
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2011

I just checked their site and it has been updated:

Comment

• Buster
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2012

I see the barrel kits no longer come with a bolt:

6.5 Grendel rifle barrel kits no longer automatically include a bolt. Bolts are now optional with the choice of a standard 6.5 Grendel bolt or a hard-use 6.5 Grendel bolt.

Comment

• rickOshay
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post
                      I passed up a 24" upper today at a local gun store. The bolt and barrel were AA , but the carrier and rest of receiver were not

They wanted $999.99 for it.
                      Should I have paid $100 too much to get a 24" AA upper today?

Comment

• rasp65
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2011

Rick You have to weigh the cost of not buying right away. How much does the shipping cost? How long is the wait? Can I endure the wait? How much extra alcohol expense will I incur with the wait? The other thing to remember when supply is tight the local guys often react and push their prices up, knowing someone will buy it rather than waste their money on alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster View Post
                          I see the barrel kits no longer come with a bolt:
                          Even so, it looks like the prices went up too.

Comment

• rickOshay
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by rasp65 View Post
                            Rick You have to weigh the cost of not buying right away. How much does the shipping cost? How long is the wait? Can I endure the wait? How much extra alcohol expense will I incur with the wait? The other thing to remember when supply is tight the local guys often react and push their prices up, knowing someone will buy it rather than waste their money on alcohol.
                            I have another issue in being worried about showing favorites in my Grendel children. My 16" upper should be ready by Friday. If I buy this 20" now, I'd have two new Grendels and may show favoritism to one - offending the other.

Comment

• rasp65
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2011

Rick Don't worry about it. It is natural to favor one over the other. Just think how the favoritism will help build character in the other. That way you will have one rifle you really like and one with strong character and driven to be better. You are a lucky man, sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X